Search This Blog

Friday, May 12, 2006

Blog Bicentennial



It’s the 200th blog! Can you believe it? It seems like just four-and-a-half months ago we had the 100th blog. Let’s start with some truths:

1. I knew the 200th blog was coming because everyday when I log in it tells me how many posts I’ve done. So I started counting once I hit 180 and it’s not like I’m surprised by this.

2. It’s technically the 202nd blog. But that’s because I put in that extra one the other day because I needed help with an article. And also because when I posted my new picture I had to put it in a decoy blog. Neither counts. THIS, to me, is the 200th blog.

For the 100th blog I asked you to rank your favorites. This time, we need to do something a little more glamorous (read: gimmicky). So I’ve asked some of our favorite celebrities to give their feedback on the blogs 101-200:


“Wassup in the hiz-ouse, g-Writinggal? Check it. That brog…blop…whatever the $*&# it’s called…about my swimmers. That $*^%in’ jammed. Hey, did you hear I knocked up g-Brit again?” -Kevin Federline


“Tom would like to thank you for never mentioning him on your blog and he would like to remind you that just because you are friends with Jacquie who is cousins with Katie, the two of you are not related in any way. Oh, and his favorite blog of the last 100 was the one about why Wham! rocks.”-Tom Cruise's publicist


“I like the one about Halfway Husbands. Jess used to nag at me about little stuff like that too and look where we ended up! Frank, if your wife is gonna give you crap like that then you AT LEAST to marry someone who makes a lot of money…and who has humongous breasts.” -Nick Lachey



“When I saw the blog about Katie, I thought for sure you would mention me. I mean, aren’t I the obvious choice to replace her? Also, I want to thank you for not writing about my haircut and how it looks like a mushroom. Or how I stammer through the news every morning. Hey, did you hear anything about Campbell Brown ousting me? Just checking. "- Ann Curry



“Hi, it’s me again. I represent both Tom Cruise and Neil Diamond and again, despite your claims that having the same birthday and a similar family name constitutes a relationship, you are also not related to Mr. Diamond. He would like to thank you for the tribute to him in Why Neil Diamond Rocks though. I told him it wasn’t in the last 100 and he said then his second favorite is Why Nelson Rocks." -Neil Diamond's publicist.




“I guess I’m supposed to say I like the one about Oprah being president because that would mean I get to be the vice president. Oh, that wasn’t in the last 100? Okay, then I like that girl Liz and her weird language. Does she need a best friend? Because I’m dundees with Oprah!”
-Gayle King



“What’s my favorite WHAT? You know you’ve got to speak up, Elsa. I’m on my way out so I can’t hear so good anymore. You’re talking about that stuff you write on the computer? Well, I don’t even know what a computer looks like. I’m on my way out. I don’t need to know. Eat your grits.” -My Grandma



Okay, so some are pseudo celebrities but wait till the 200,000th blog. Then we’ll bring in the big names. Thanks for reading!


Yes. Yes, I am wearing a "SRS 95" t-shirt. It's my Powder Puff shirt from high school that I recently salvaged from my closet.

4 comments:

Liz said...

of course I'll be gayle king's friend.... though I honestly don't know who she is. And I can totally "hear" your grandma saying those things. ok.... now get back to your dream of not working. :)

p.s. taking the day off today. kate is graduating tomorrow!!!! so i'm going down to Wacky Waco to hang out with her tonight. :)

Writinggal said...

You don't know Gayle? She's Oprah's Best Frie! That's her claim to fame.

Congrats to Salsa. She's TOTES an adult now. Have fun at Ninfa's.

Anonymous said...

This was my favorite post . Have you done in follow up on that show idea, because if you have I can send you my agent's name. You know, I've had a lot of spare time lately. After they killed me off of 90210, Blossom was kind enough to put me in an episode but since then...not so much going on. Let me know! I've really grown in the past 15 years that I've been off camera. Lessons and everything!

Love the blog!

Writinggal said...

Wow, a real life psuedo-celeb on my blog. Douglas, I pitched my idea to all the big networks but haven't heard back. I suggest you try to get a part on the Surreal Life. That'll jump start your career. Thanks for reading my blog!