Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

100th BLOG BLOWOUT!!



Today is my 100th Writinggal blog.

Thank you. Oh, you’re so sweet. Oh, stop. I’m blushing. (That’s me responding to all of your “Congratulations,” “I love the blog” and “You are so multi-talented what with your writing and cooking and spinning. You should run for president against Oprah.”)

Obviously for the 100th blog we have to do something spectacular. And this time it will benefit you, the blog readers, as well.

Here’s what we’re gonna do: Just as if we were a Mom and Pop grocery store, we’re gonna reward the 100th reader of the blog today. No, there won’t be any sirens and confetti and you won’t get to run around the blog and shop for one minute. But it will be almost like that.

You see I can tell once 100 people have viewed the blog but I can’t tell who you are. So after you’ve read this, send an email to elsasimcik@hotmail.com (I don’t want you clogging up my Writinggal email) and tell me your fave blog of the last 100. I know, I know. It sounds self-serving and vain. That’s probably because it is.

BUT the 100th person to email me will get a prize. It will be personal, mailable and of course, edible.

Now you want to ask, “But Elsa, do 100 people even read your blog?” Not exactly. I usually get about 105 “page views” a day. But that counts people who go back multiple times. Plus, with the holidays we may have a weak readership day.

SO you can email me up to THREE times but you have to put a different fave blog in each time. This will also help to prevent against people waiting until 5:00p.m. to email me.

Ooh, ooh. I just got another idea. When I announce the winner I’ll also tell you which blog was the favorite. Man, I have a lot of reading and counting to do today. Good thing I've got that calculator handy.

I’ll post it later tonight (around 8p.m.) in my 101st Writinggal blog. Oh, thanks again. Yes, it is like that. No, no, I’m not going to stoop to that level. Well, maybe. (That’s me responding to people saying, “Wow, 101 blogs. That’s like as many blogs as there were Dalmatians" and "What if I send you a steaming bowl of queso? Then can I be the winner?”)

5 comments:

Writinggal said...

Okay, I've had 73 "page views" today (pretty high for a holiday-ish day) but only TEN emails so far! And most have been family members.

My 100th Blog Blowout party is turning into a Writinggal Pity Party :(

Jessi said...

It's only noon! Give it a few more hours pitygirl.

Writinggal said...

I think people are waiting till the end of the day in hopes that they'll be the 100th. Yes, that's it.

Patt said...

Wow ,Keep on blogging.I like the t-shirt on Big Daddy.Big Daddy was a British wrestling hero from the 1980's.

Liz said...

Oh man. I haven't read the blog in a week. I can't believe I missed the contest! (Nice pic, by the way) :)