Search This Blog

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Language of Liz


Those of you who know my friend Liz know that her dialect is a little bit wacky. But for some reason it’s also really contagious. Now that I’ve been around her for the last few weeks I’ve started to pick up some of her lingo. In case you ever encounter Liz, I’ll prepare you with a list of definitions and examples.

Dundies: adj. To be done; to be drunk, to feel stupid, to feel sad, to feel frustrated. It means just about anything you want it to mean. “I’m dundies with this project!” or “I got so dundies last night.”

Shite: n. An expression to be used in place of shit. “Oh, shite. I can’t believe I left my cell phone at home. I’m dundies.” (Sometimes they double up).

“Stress me out and call me Thelma:” "I have so much work to do. Stress me out and call me Thelma!" I don't know who Thelma is.

Missee: adj. Miserable “You’re hungover today because you got dundies last night? That’s missee.”

Muffin: adj. Cute, perky, sweet. “You’re such a muffin!”

Frie: n. (pronounced 'free'). It means Friend “Liz is my frie. She talks funny.”

“Which we love:” An expression used in response to something you really love or really hate: “I’m going to have margaritas tonight…which we love” or “I have to go have a root canal…which we love.” This is an expression you really need to hear to understand. Call me and I’ll say it for you.

Dundaleeza Rice: adj. This is like the ultimate dundies:

Dundie Rumsfeld: adj. She likes to involve the whole presidential cabinet when possible.

“UN-BE-LIEVABLE. But totally believable.” An expression meaning “I can’t believe that. But wait. Yes, I can.”

“That’s a sad story.” Okay, this one I made up but she uses it all the time so it’s practically hers. It’s a response to someone complaining about something trivial like “I fell asleep on a lawn chair and got waffle face.” You would say, “That’s a sad story” or perhaps even “That’s the saddest story I ever heard.”

I know there are plenty more where that came from so I’ll let Liz comment with an addendum. Cause right about now I’m Dundaleeza Rice with it!

10 comments:

Liz said...

Another one stolen from Elsa but now might as well be mine "You're smart AND you're pretty!" - Randomly used either sarcastically when people do something stupid or when they actually ARE being smart and pretty.

"Done & Done" - "Dundies" but usually about work. Mostly a dismissive comment about some project nobody wants to work on. "Oh, we had to make a freezer sticker for our client in an hour and then they had changes to it. But now it's finished. Done & Done."

If I think of more, I'll throw them out there. :)

Liz said...

Oh yes... and Misee is spelled with one "s" to try and get you to think of how it's pronounced... which is "Miz-ee". And it's usually said with an eye-roll or a sigh.

Peter said...

"Russel" Someone who is smart as shite.
i.e. Tom cruise is a Russel.

Liz said...

OH SHITE! That's the biggest one of them ALL. I'm a freaking russell.

Writinggal said...

No, I'M the biggest Russell for forgetting Russell!! It comes from a guy named Russell Liz knew who they called "King of the Retards." It's often prefaced by "freaking" as Liz demonstrated above.

Anonymous said...

Who forgets Russel?!? No one. Not one person.

I can't wait for Elsa to return to Dallas and teach me more Lizisms!

Writinggal said...

Another title I thought could be good: "Liz-guistics."

Anonymous said...

Occasionally Liz calls me BUDaleeza Rice. And Elsa calls me Bood. Both of which ... I love.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about "RussellMania" - the ultimate of all that are Russells

Anonymous said...

These are so funny...Justin came home with the "smart and pretty" thing, so now I say it. It's contagious!