Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Brain Freeze Fact v. Fiction

I got a brain freeze last night--off of a Baby A's margarita. I immediately put my thumb on the roof of my mouth to stop the freezing:

Someone else said you're supposed to put your tongue on the roof of your mouth.

And another claimed you should lick your lips.

When somebody said a cartwheel usually cures it, I knew we needed some clarification.

What works best? And are we just doing these things to distract us from the real problem at hand? (or at brain?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stick with the tongue to the roof of the mouth. Not sure it actually works. I like the distraction theory.

Maybe we should try singing a song to pass the 'freeze' time. Like 'I Will Survive.' Totally think that would work too. I'm having margaritas tonight...I'll let you know.

Writinggal said...

It's so honorable of you to be our guinea pig. Way to take one for the blog!

ReadBecca said...

A drink of room-temperature water.