Search This Blog

Friday, January 06, 2006

Why Nelson Rocks


I liked Ozzie and Harriet, David and of course Ricky. So why not like Gunnar and Matthew too? The twins formed their band Nelson in the early 90’s and immediately had some rockin’ hits.

I just heard one on the radio the other day and I totally turned it up while I was cruising down the tollway. It almost made me not mind the $.75 charge.

It was a Nelson classic…

I can’t live without your love and affection. I can’t spend another night on my own…

It freakin’ rocks.

And how ‘bout After the rain washes away the tears and all the pain…

Okay, I’ll admit it. Those are the only two songs I know by Nelson. But because they have two rockin’ songs rather just one (like our friend Rick Springfield) they fall into the category of “rock” rather than “kinda rock.”

So what are the towheaded twins doing now? Same ‘ol thing. Still making music. “They’re very popular overseas” their bio brags. Hey, Nelson, I hate to break it to you. But anyone can be popular overseas. Apparently they’re not a very selective audience. Hell I think I’m popular overseas.

Speaking of their bio, these are some of my favorite lines:


Magically melodic songwriting and soaring sibling harmonies ensure that this pair will be a vital part of the music scene’s future.

Critics tended to unfairly overlook Nelson, however, because of the brothers’ pin-up good looks.


I love it because I know they wrote this themselves. Well, they gave some writer a few bullet points and he/she added in the awesome alliteration like “magically melodic” and “soaring sibling.” And my condolences about the consequences of your pin-up good looks. I can relate.

But I think their grandparents Ozzie and Harriet and their dad Ricky would be proud of the twins’ mediocre success. Well, they would at least be glad that they cut their hair. Nelson, just continue to do what you do best—rock. And I guess that would mean just stickin’ to those two rockin’ tunes you got. Hey, maybe I’ll catch you on your tour overseas. I’ll be there anyway greeting all my fans.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never can figure out why "popular overseas" is a good thing - isn't David Hasselhoff popular overseas? Who wants to be in the same catagory as him?

Writinggal said...

KC--They love you in Japan!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen that T-shirt that Target had a while back: 'I'm huge in Japan' or something of the such. Writinggal needs that shirt!

Oh, and I have an odd three-way confusion with Nelson, Extreme and Milli Vanilli. Just can't keep them and their songs straight.

Writinggal said...

I have a three-way with Barry Manilow, Bob Denver and John Denver. Wait. That didn't sound too good.

Anonymous said...

I'll admit their 2 songs are catchy. That is what I love about the iPod. If some artist just has one good song, you just have to spend $.99 on your guilty pleasure.

Yes, David Hasselhoff is huge in Germany. Makes you wonder about the whole country!

Anonymous said...

Elsa, when did your sister start working as a spokesperson for iTunes?

Just Kidding Kristin!

Anonymous said...

Very funny Thea!

I have not checked to see if you can get Nelson on iTunes!

That would be cool if I could be a spokesperson for them, I could jsut be paid in cheesy music!

Writinggal said...

Is there a queso spokesperson? Dibs!!

Anonymous said...

Don't know about that Elsa, but I do know that Jan. 20th is National Cheese Day. We should celebrate.

Jessi said...

Oh that's close to our Birthday's!
Cheese for EVERYONE!