Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Feast with Flair

Last night Frank took me out for my birthday. We each enjoyed a three-course meal. I started with the green salad, he the fried mozzarella. For our entrees I ordered the chicken verde enchilada combo and Frank chose the bruschetta chicken pasta. Even though we cleaned our plates we still had room for dessert—a vanilla bean cheesecake for me and a Cinabon® cheesecake for Frank.

Wooh, that’s a lot of food. Know how much it set us back? $12.99 each! Yes, a $26 meal that made us so full we had to go home and put on our Thanksgiving pants.

Oh, and most importantly, where did we have such a feast? T.G.I. Friday’s!

I used to be like you. I made fun of Friday’s. When Mike Judd mocked it, I mocked too. I was even embarrassed to tell the people who worked at Friday’s that it was my birthday for fear even they would think, “Loser! You came to Friday’s on your birthday?”

But then I saw the TV commercial. Yes, a commercial sold me. They had pictures of all the food including chipotle queso, pot stickers, tilapia, shrimp, BBQ chicken and ribs. Plus, don’t forget the THREE different types of cheesecake! Once I saw the price of $12.99 I knew that’s where I wanted to spend my 29th birthday.

I told a friend about it this weekend and she said, “What? Are they going out of business?” You would think so! Frank commented that the only time we ever eat like that is at an all-inclusive. And that’s what I loved about it. You don’t have to question whether or not to get dessert, it’s included! You don’t have split one little appetizer, you get your own! And get this, they even have “guilt-free” options. But I’ll warn you: I may not have felt guilty but I still wanted to vomit afterwards.

I don’t know how long this will last so, everybody, run to your nearest Friday’s. I’m sure there’s one at the next corner. We’re definitely going back. But next time, we’re gonna show up already wearing our Thanksgiving pants.

Check out the Friday’s Three-Course Menu!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like TGIFridays. I get the Grilled Chicken & Cheese, it rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

Umm cheescake! I remember now that I ate at Friday's on 5th avenue when I was in NYC in Sept.

Seems cheesy, but when you have low blood sugar, it was awesone, and cheap for New York!

Writinggal said...

You know, the food quality is definitely better than Chili's or Bennigan's. Although I love me some Monte Cristo!

Jessi said...

I miss Bennigan's.