Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Writinggal Needs your Help!


I don't normally use my blog for requests like this but I'm desperate! Could somebody loan me $500? Just kidding.

I'm working on a story about energetic employees--people who have launched health, fitness and/or wellness programs at their office (totally on their own, without a directive/mandate from HR or the higher-ups). I had three great stories: a third grade teacher who holds workout sessions in the school library with fellow teachers, a commercial real estate broker who started a Biggest Loser-style competition among her colleagues and an employee at Verizon who lobbied for a lunch-time exercise class. I completed the story, we shot pictures, it was done.

But today one dropped out (the Biggest Loser one) and I need a replacement. Anybody know of anyone in the DALLAS AREA who has started a program like this? ("Healthy Lunch Day" or "Yoga after work" or "Let's all quit smoking together" are some examples.)

If you do you can email me at elsasimcik@hotmail.com

Thanks, Blog Readers!

1 comment:

Writinggal said...

That picture is from when I was cleaning out my room this weekend. That's my beanie from Brownies, a charm necklace from 6th grade with a toilet as one of the charms and a giant stuffed elephant.

I just added it to give a face to my cause. And did you see I added a new pic to my profile?