Search This Blog

Friday, May 19, 2006

More Smoothiegal Experiments

So you may be tired of hearing about my smoothie stories but I’m not tired of telling them! Each day this week I’ve tried variations on smoothies. Monday you read about my strawberry-flavored smoothie and well, since I had about 227 strawberries left, I had to keep on using ‘em:

Tuesday’s smoothie:
I was out of bananas so at first I thought I was going to have a smoothie-less day. But then I realized I didn’t need bananas. I had plenty of other fruits lying around like strawberries, blueberries, cherries and grapes. Don’t worry, I didn’t combine all of those. Well, all but the grapes:

Smoothiegal’s Super Strawberry Blueberry Cherry Kashi Flax Seed Surprise


Notice it’s in a smaller glass than usual. That’s because I dumped half of it out after this reaction:


Wednesday:

Let’s try this again:

Smoothiegal’s Super Strawberry Blueberry Cherry Flax Seed SPLENDA Surprise


So we lost the Kashi and added the Splenda. HUGE improvement.

Thursday
Yesterday was a high point:

Smoothiegal’s Super Strawberry YOGURT Kashi Flax Seed Surprise


No Cherries
No Blueberries
Now with Vanilla yogurt

It was a smoothie sensation!


Yes, yogurt seems to be the key ingredient to a delicious and healthy smoothie. Oh, and of course, the smoothie squats, which I think I've maxed out on this week.

No comments: