Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Have you met Nadia?


Nadia’s my gal pal. We’ve been friends since I was like 17-years-old (is that right, Nadia?). Basically it’s one of those dysfunctional friendships where every time I see her I’m trying to be just like her. Well, mainly I just want my hair color to look like hers.

Nadia works for Clairol. But I remember back in the day when they had an older Nadia. I still hung out with her every three months or so but it wasn’t as much fun as the new Nadia. In high school my best friend Amber and I used to share Nadia. Talk about dysfunctional. Then we all looked like her. I think my sister knows her too.

For awhile in college I didn’t hang out with Nadia as much. I was going through this California “the blonder the better” stage and I hung out with Nancy:



She’s cool and all but I never feel very intellectual when I hang out with her. She just wants to talk about shallow things like pop stars and fashion. I’m in a place where I’d prefer to talk about celebrities and reality TV. So I went back to Nadia.

Sometimes I go for months without seeing her. And while she’ll inevitably scold me for that, we’re able to just pick up right where we left off. Like yesterday, I hung out with her for about 35 minutes when she really only expects me to stay for 25. Oops, now I look more like Nancy! So anyway, big shout out to my friends at Clairol. It’s true what they say; we really do have more fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Nadia and I have ever met.
My best friend is "Starlet" she works for Loreal.
I think it is time for another visit from "Starlet". If she does not come soon, my acquaintance "Skunk girl" might come for a visit instead.

Anonymous said...

My best friend is Starlet too! Kristen, I can't believe she's cheating on me! I must go sulk.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, well I did cheat on Starlet for awhile. I was friends with someone else who worked at Loreal, but in the "Iridescence" department. I can't even remember her name, then she disappeared! So Starlet and I are friends again.

Anonymous said...

I, myself, have dabbled with those 'iridescence' girls. Crazy bunch.

Writinggal said...

I'd like to meet this Starlet girl! Don't tell Nadia.