Search This Blog

Friday, November 03, 2006

It’s Like Hands Across America

It just pleases me no end that everyone is joining in on my cart crusade.

We even have a celebrity spokesperson!


The other night on the Ghost Whisperer (hey, that show’s good) J. Love Hewitt took back her cart. Well, she started to take it back but then some employee of the grocery store saw her giant boobs and offered to take it back for her. But still, her intentions were good.

Aside: At the beginning of the Ghost Whisperer JLH has this little monologue that explains her mysterious-medium-powers. It goes like this: “Hi, I’m Melinda Gordon. I live in a small town; I own an antique shop; I recently got married. I might be just like you...but ever since I was six years old I’ve known I could talk to the dead.”

Whenever she says “I might be just like you” we always say, “except I have much bigger boobs.”

Here's JLH in real life at the grocery store. The guy pictured is her boyfriend, not a ghost, although he played a ghost on her show and that's how they met. Confusing, I know. I wonder if she plans to take back her cart after stocking up on wine.


Back in non-celeb world, Cul de Sac Carrie, neighbor Tammy and I went for a walk and found this:





Thanks for snapping the picture with your trusty camera phone, Cul de Sac Carrie! Luckily, this cart was over in “the swamp” neighborhood but you never know when the riff raff is gonna come over to our neck of the woods.

And this is my favorite cart crusader: Little Cayden, age 2:



His parents know that you gotta start ‘em young!


Apparently someone else’s parents weren’t so conscientious:

They not only brought a cart into our neighborhood, it was one of the kiddie-car carts! Now that’s low!

Keep it in your own neighborhood, swamp people!

Still, I know that most of you are good cart crusaders. Feel free to send me pictures or tales of your own efforts. And stay tuned for details on my national fundraiser to raise awareness for cart-taking-back. We're hoping to get silver ribbons. I’m just waiting to hear back on JLH’s availability. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can get her to say, "I might be just like you...except I have bigger boobs and I take back my cart."

For now, I'm Writinggal, reminding you, "Do your part. Take back your cart."

No comments: