Search This Blog

Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday MOOsings



Eating is like shaving. If you suddenly start shaving your pinky finger then it will want to be shaved all the time. Since I started eating non-stop on Thursday I must be fed all the time. It's like I've got one hairy pinky finger.

On that note, let's compare and contrast my Thanksgiving dishes:


Green Bean Casserole:

Professional:


Cookinggal's:



Pretty close except they have their fried onions decorating the edge. I like mine all blended up in there.


Corn Casserole:

Professional:




Cookinggal's:




Mirror images I tell you. And it was a big hit too!



Mashed Potatoes:

Professional:




Cookinggal's*:



*Mashed potatoes actually made by Cookinggal's mom. They look pretty professional!

Pumpkin Pie:


Professional's:





Cookinggal's:



Mine looked a little brown to me but still tasted good. Crust was a little too flakey.


Mini Cheesecakes:

Professional's:




Cookinggal's:




I don't care if these aren't pretty; they tasted awesome! I say ten of them equals one piece so if you look at it that way, I only had a piece and a half.

And here's my salad although I don't have anything to compare it too.


Thanks for the recipe, Stefanie Richter! It was delicious, though not as good as yours.

After we ate we needed some exercise so Grandma demonstrated the crab walk.




Smelling the food from three streets over, Luke the beagle decided to escape from his backyard and join us. We returned him promptly but not before he left us a little gift in our backyard. Frank found it on his shoe the next day.




Writing about all this food is making me hungry. Better go shave that hairy pinky finger!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Dogs...they are so generous and loving huh?

Anonymous said...

i was going to ask you how the cheesecake turned out...I'm glad that they were yummy. everything looks so good.

Writinggal said...

Yes, thanks so much for the recipe! My grandma makes them but thought mine (yours) were better than hers!