Search This Blog

Monday, March 27, 2006

Have you Met Hungry Girl?


I first heard about Hungry Girl from Tricia. I was intrigued by her name. I thought, “Hey, I’m hungry all the time; I like to talk about food; Who is this hungry girl and why didn’t I think of this first?”

HG sends out a daily newsletter with all sorts of useful food tips. In fact, a lot of what I eat is based on Hungry Girl advice: La Tortilla Factory tortillas, Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers, 100% Whole Grain Chips Ahoy (fiber cookies), and my latest addiction—VitaTops (which HG even invented)! *Writinggal Confession: I recently purchased some sort of Vitalicious sampler pack and now I'm also addicted to the VitaMuffins, VitaHearts and (bow your heads for a moment), the VitaBrownies. *

Now I know I usually feature real friends on this “Have you Met…” segment but this time I’ve got plenty of reasons to focus on HG:

1. She IS my real friend, sort of. I interviewed her for an article in Women’s Health and Fitness’ April edition (on newsstands now)! Okay, so I was just plugging my article there.

2. I really want a Hungry Girl t-shirt. And today, if we get friends to sign up for her newsletter (and those friends put my email address as the referral: elsasimcik@hotmail.com),
I’ll be entered into a drawing to win that or perhaps a floaty pen. I don’t really know what a floaty pen is but I’m sure I could use one.


Okay, do two reasons qualify as “plenty?” Speaking of plenty, HG can also help you to know what to order at restaurants which can be helpful when you go to On the Border for the Fiesta Trio and try to be healthy by getting veggie fajitas but learn you’re better off getting steak. Stay tuned for more on that tomorrow.

Right now, we both have things to do: You’ve gotta sign up for the Hungry Girl newsletter and I’ve gotta go satisfy my VitaBrownie craving. Hey, it's never too early in the morning for chocolate and vitamins!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who exactly is Hungry Girl? Does she reveal her identity? Is she a certified nutritionist?
I will have to look up her website, maybe it will help me not to be "Super Unhealthy Girl".

Writinggal said...

She's just a girl like me who likes to talk about food! And she's not a nutritionist--that's why I like her! Her site explains it all!

Writinggal said...

Today I sent HG a note to let her know that the article I wrote with her in it is out. She said this:

Thanks!!!

Love your blog posting, too... :)

Have a great day!!!

Lisa :)

Back to WG: See? I told you we were buds!