Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Cul de Sac Carrie Confesses

You know how I feel about Subway and their conspiracy to make America fat with their confusing mayonnaise bottles?

Well, this morning I learned that Cul de Sac Carrie is in cahoots with them. And just like that skinny, beltless suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey murder, she has confessed to the crime.

Here are the details:

Last week when Frank was out of town, Carrie and her husband felt sorry for me and had me over for dinner. I’m not too proud to accept a pity meal; it was really good! For dessert we had banana pudding.

Ah. A moment of silence, please, for this amazing BP.

After I had one piece Carrie asked if I’d like another (no-brainer) and then asked if I wanted small, medium or large. I said, “Medium!” and she gave me a large. We then washed it down with Kahlua and milk. My point? I KNEW what I was consuming and I didn’t even ask things like, “Is this skim milk?” or “Is the pudding the sugar free kind?” I didn’t care.

But then yesterday CC said that she had a bunch of leftover ingredients and if she made it again would Frank and I like some? Duh.

So she brought it over last night in these cute little martini glasses (a presentation idea she admits to stealing from me). Although later when Frank ate his he said, “This is MUCH better than your parfaits!”

I had to agree and I also added, “I know it’s a ton of whip cream but Carrie said it was the light kind!” We then simultaneously scraped every last bit of whip cream off of our martini glasses. I was thinking to myself, how bad could a few bananas, some sugar free pudding and light whip cream be?

Then this morning on our walk Carrie confessed. I guess I had suspected all along. It was just too thick and creamy to be light. She said, “I have a confession to make.” I screamed, “The whip cream wasn’t light, was it? WAS IT?” She admitted that it wasn’t light, that she had inadvertently bought the wrong kind. She even said, “I’m like Subway junior!”

But the good news? Cul de Sac Carrie ate the fattening whip cream too. So I’ll forgo my urge to take her to Subway and force her to eat their mayonnaise. Plus, it was quite nice of her to make us that BP. I think she feels bad about the whole thing and you know what that means? I’ve got another pity meal coming my way!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say?? It really was good. Greg said I could have his today, he didn't have his last night, but I think I'll pass. No Elsa you can't have it either. I bet he eats it tonight.

Writinggal said...

Well, I guess I'll just be grateful that I have neighbors who bring me BP, fattening or otherwise.

I once had a neighbor who played music really loud and stayed up all night getting stoned in her backyard. She never brought me BP. And if she did, I'd REALLY have to worry about what was in it!

Anonymous said...

Did you have the BP while watching the new season of Laguna Beach with LC's sister?

Writinggal said...

YES!! And in fact, after we finished the BP, Frank said, "I think this premiere of Laguna Beach calls for a beer" and he popped one open. It was quite an occasion.

Jenny, I'm pleased that even though you have a newborn baby at home, you still found time for our friends at LB.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the new LB, wish I had had some BP to eat while I watched it.
Maybe CC will bring some over when I visit this weekend!!

What's with Cami? Why are they friends with her?

Writinggal said...

Ohmygosh, I was just saying the same thing to Thea and Jane: There's nothing I hate more than a snotty girl than a snotty, ugly girl!

Anonymous said...

I have to tivo it also..because I end up missing parts because she cries at night sometimes.

I wasnt crazy about Cami either..and cant believe Jessica is in it again hooking up. I have to rewatch the part when they were having lunch...i think they were bashing LC and Kristin.

Anonymous said...

sorry..that was from me.the earlier post.i had to retype it because I kept messing up the word vericatition

Writinggal said...

Don't you hate it when babies get in the way of MTV shows?!

Jess is as crazy as ever and yes, you need to watch the lunch scene because they do make some good Kristin/LC comments.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I'll go get some light whip cream and the other items and make a double batch for the weekend!! We'll honker down on BP!!

Writinggal said...

Well, if you must, CC :)

Anonymous said...

yeah CC, looking forward to the BP!

Must have future blog about Cami!