Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tips from Thea


Last night I watched the show “How I Met your Mother” because Thea had recommended it. It was hilarious. But I wasn’t surprised. Thea gives the best tips.

This is why I think she should be a concierge (side note: I just checked my spelling of concierge by looking at the synonyms and one of them was “janitor.” I don’t think Thea should be a janitor. Although she did recommend a great cleaning product which I’ll list later.) See, she really thinks about the recipient of the tip. She doesn’t just run around telling everyone to watch “How I Met your Mother.” These are personalized tips.

Some examples:

--Control F: Now this was a long time ago but I don’t know what I’d do without it. When I go to a website and I’m looking for a particular word, I now just hit “Control F” (as in “find”) and I get there faster. Sometimes I’ll be in the grocery store, looking for something like Shake 'N Bake (don't ask) and I want to just “Control F” and find it.

--Kashi Cereal: Now I was devoted to my Special K but Thea kept telling me how great Kashi Cereal was. She eats it for like every meal. So I tried it. It made me nauseous because I ate too much. She said I needed to decrease my portion size. But finally, a cereal that makes me full! I’m now a fellow addict.

--Easy Off BAM: Like a fool, I was scrubbing my shower with 409 with no hope of ridding my life of soap scum. And Frank is wrong; the shower is not “clean by definition.” Now I BAM it. I BAM the toilet, the kitchen, the floors. As Thea says, “I can’t wait for my house to get dirty again so I can BAM!”

--Ti-Faux: I have a DVR. Thea has Tivo. She says I don’t need to make my DVR into a verb by saying “I DVRed it.” Instead I can say, “I Ti-fauxed” it. See? We learn new words.

--Listening to your iPod while having dental work done: This is great even if your hygienist doesn’t know what an iPod is.

--Websites: Thea doesn’t send random chain letter emails like, “If you forward this email to 10 friends, Microsoft will send you $4,000.” (Well, unless she thinks you’re into that.) She sends sites she thinks would interest you. My faves: www.gawker.com, www.tvgasm.com and www.veganlunchbox.blogspot.com

I’m sure I will continue to accumulate more tips from Thea and perhaps I could make it a regular segment here at Writinggal. But this will have to hold you for now. I’ve gotta go Ti-faux “How I met your Mother.”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must try Easy off Bam, thanks Heloise, I mean Thea!!

Anonymous said...

The best thing about How I Met Your Mother is the 'Have you met Tim?' game. It wasn't on last night's episode but I played it this weekend with my friend Stacey...guess it was actually the 'Have you met Stacey?' game in that case. Still very fun.

I'll try to keep the useful info coming!

Writinggal said...

Also, Thea taught me about White Chocolate Mochas at Starbucks. They're great for people who don't like coffee but want to hang out at Starbucks.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I must credit Tricia for turning me on to the love that is my Kashi Crunch. It rocks!

Anonymous said...

And can I add something to be careful about regarding portion control? For those of us who are concerned about calories, fat grams and dietary fiber, Kashi is tricky. You see, you can't simply pour it in a one cup measuring cup and get one serving. Because sometimes it has large nuggets in it and sometimes it doesn't, you really need to weigh it. 53 grams is a serving. For me, it turns out to be 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Tricky, tricky.

Writinggal said...

I thought about that this morning when I poured it. I even poured some back in! Love that tricky Kashi.

Anonymous said...

you should try Nature's Path Cereals.