Search This Blog

Monday, August 08, 2005

Reunion Recap

You may want to refer to a previous posting "Ten years = Ten times the fun?" in order to fully appreciate my reunion recap. In that posting I sorted out my feelings pre-ten year high school reunion. Now that I am in a post-ten year high school reunion state, I will address each comment on my con list:

Cons:

--Even though I look better, I think I'll still be seen as that 88 pound girl who had to have her jaw broken just to look normal. And then go to school four days after the surgery wearing a teeth splint and sporting facial swelling/bruising. Thanks again, Mom and Dad.
--I did get a lot of "You haven't changed one bit" which is a confusing statement. Should I be insulted that they think I look like a shapeless teenager with doo-doo roll bangs? Nah. I'm just going to think that they mean I still weigh 88 pounds. Awesome! I'm a regular Mary Kate Olsen. Oh, and nobody mentioned the jaw surgery. At least not to my face.


--That cute successful husband of mine doesn't love to socialize. Will he need me to baby-sit him all night? I was completely off here. Frank was in full "Frank the Tank" form, socializing with everybody, especially his new favorite drinking buddy, Hence (my friend Misty's husband). In fact, many times I was asking, "Where did Frank run off to?"

--The girls I keep in contact with are way cooler than me so maybe I will be talking to my husband all night. Yes, they are way cooler but I found that being somewhat dorky was helpful. It gives you a wider audience for socializing.

--I didn't date anyone in high school so who am I going to show off my hot over 100 pound body to? No prob. I still strutted my stuff in a sexy dress. Although I'm not sure if anyone noticed.

I had made a mental list (not a laminated one or anything) of people I wanted to see at the reunion. Some were there. Some weren't. I'm not sure if he was on the list but Brad Jones (the guy who said I was the ugliest girl he'd ever seen) was not there. Dammit. I really wanted to find out how I would be ranked now but since everybody said I hadn't changed, I guess my ranking wouldn't either. Although to be fair, B.J. did make that comment in 7th grade and I think I changed more from 7th grade to 12th grade than in the last ten years. Oh, and I spent Saturday afternoon cleaning out my closet at my parent's house. And judging by some of the junior high pics I dug up, Brad wasn't too far off in making that statement.

If you've enjoyed reading about my reunion and are sad it's over, don't worry. Frank's is this weekend. And my school promises to have another one in ten years. It's gonna be a family picnic. Talk about stress. Not only do I have to find something cute to wear, I have to create some cute kids to show off. And if they're not cute, well I'll just have to keep them away from Brad Jones.

No comments: