Search This Blog

Monday, October 30, 2006

Monday Musings

Happy Daylight Savings Time. I prefer saving the daylight in the evening, rather than in the morning.

Here’s what’s gonna happen tonight: Workers will look up from their cubicles at 5:00 and if they’re lucky enough to have a partial-window-view (via some executive’s office), they’ll realize it’s getting dark and say, “Oh! I gotta get home!” When everyone does that at once it equals a traffic tragedy.

It’s days like this that make me thankful my commute is just down a flight of stairs.

Evaluation Update:
Since nobody showed up to watch me a couple of weeks ago, I was given the opportunity to attend the “open auditions” where we have to teach to imaginary students while judges watch from the side.

When I was explaining this to someone else she said, “It’s like you’re a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader.”

OMG. It is JUST like that:


I have to audition to stay on the “squad” that I’m already on.
I have to wear a somewhat skimpy outfit (nothing like the above, TG).
I have to behave extra cheese-like.
A fellow auditioner gave me some advice, “Be extra chipper!”
The auditions even took place in Irving!

I ask you, how is this different from DCC?

So I did it today and I think I aced my routine but who knew there would be an interview component? A good DCC would be more prepared! In the end, though, I felt good because the judges told me that I had good enthusiasm, a great routine and most importantly, “a terrific smile!”

Go, Cowboys!! I mean…spin class!! Whatever! Just keep being extra chipper!!

Perhaps I could have swayed them even more if I told them that this weekend, while on assignment at Washington-on-the-Brazos State Park, I cultivated land with some oxen:








Thanks, Bud and Abe, for letting me steer you. And fellas, remember, just because it's dark earlier tonight doesn't mean you can stop working. Keep cultivating and most importantly, keep smiling!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad they didn't have to call you in because they were concerned about your technique or that you were not fitting in the tiny uniform!
Oh I need a life, I have been watching too many of those DCC tryout shows!

Writinggal said...

That show is awesome! "Y'all's timing is off and you need to work on your thighs."

Anonymous said...

Guess those rubber bands really are paying off!

Writinggal said...

That is so true! If I still had the gap the judges would say, "Honey, you gotta get that fixed. I'm afraid you're gonna get a pom pom stuck in there, Sugar."