Search This Blog

Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday Musings

I always give the Aggies a hard time because their cheers sound zombie-ish and freaky. Plus, I don’t get their awkward hand gestures or how that translates into encouraging your football team. But still, at least they’re creative and cohesive.

We Texas fans can only get together on one cheer and it goes like this:

One drunk guy: TEXAS
Everybody else: FIGHT
ODG: TEXAS
EE: FIGHT
Repeat two more times and then go into:

ODG: OU
EE: SUCKS
Repeat loudly three more times and then…

ODG: OU
Some of the crowd: Sucks

ODG: OU
About three people: sucks

Another fun fact: We like that cheer so much that we even do it when we’re not playing OU.

Since the State Fair is in full swing, Frank had a hankering for some fried corny dogs. Luckily, I just bought a box of mini ones at the store (had a coupon) and of course, we have our trusty fryer. Now it takes about three mini corn dogs to equal one regular corn dog but Frank kept saying, “I’m gonna go fry up some more!” And I would say, “Haven’t you had enough?” And he’d say, “But they’re mini!” So I think he ate the equivalent of 17 regular corn dogs.

And when we were done with the canola oil did we dump it in the sink? NO! Cul de Sac Carrie had a spare coffee can that I now keep under my sink! Her mother was in town and she gave me a whole list of other things that can’t go down the disposal:

Green onions
Banana peels
Coffee grounds

Oh, and speaking of mini, have you ever had a Krystal?



Quick childhood memory:
When we used to go to Memphis to visit family it was big treat to get Krystal burgers. They’re little, like White Castle.

Back to present day:
So when we got our house here in Dallas we noticed there was a Krystal really close! We could go all the time! Have we ever gone? No! In fact, when we were in Atlanta two months ago, I saw a Krystal and said, “Oh, a Krystal! We have to stop and get mini hamburgers!” Frank said, “But we have one right by our house.” I almost wish we didn’t have one because I like how it used to be a traveling treat.

My point? We had Krystal this weekend. It was Frank’s first time. He thought they were too oniony. I loved them!!


I’ve got a new nickname:
I’ve been waiting on this magazine to pay me for an article that I wrote three years ago. Finally, 1,000 days later, the check arrived this weekend. Woo hoo!! I ripped it open. Amount was right…address was right…but something wasn’t…

Instead of making the check out to Elsa Simcik, they made it out to Evergreen. Yes, Evergreen. Where they got that, I don’t know. But I think I’ll stick with it. It sounds earthy.

Speaking of earthy, we FINALLY planted flowers in our front yard. We went with pansies. When we were discussing our garden with the Home Depot landscape expert I accidentally called them “panties.” Then I started giggling. A lot.

Happy Christopher Columbo Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark down Avocado peels as another no-no for the sink. I found that out the hard way. Trust me they are not very fun to dig out after sitting in your pipe for a few months.

Anonymous said...

Oh Evergreen! I can't believe Frank did not like the Krystals. the oniony part is the best! Maybe we can have those as appetizers at Thanksgiving!

Writinggal said...

That's a good idea--very low maintenance.

I may be guilty of putting avocado peels down the drain. I can't remember!

Sometimes Evergreen is a Russell (as Liz would say).

Anonymous said...

I am wondering what color "panties" we will have this year, I like your color panties.

Writinggal said...

I really hope everyone read that part of the blog and didn't skip over it. Otherwise they'll think Cul de Sac Carrie is a perv.