Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Have you met Bud?



Nickname: Bood, Budlies Boodalicious, John

Status: A Double S, Ladies (Single & Straight)

Hometown: New Braunfels, TX (Don’t call it New BraunSfels…there’s no “S” as Bud will tell you.)

How you know him:

Maybe you worked with him at Kolar Advertising and Marketing in Austin.

Perhaps you saw him at a Halloween party but he was the only one in costume and you realized it wasn’t actually Halloween; it was 4th of July.

You might have run into him at a Texas Roller Girls event.

Why you like him:

He’s hilarious, friendly and just enough weird to where it’s amusing and not creepy.

He’s one of my only guy friends (Scott Womack is another) even though he looks like he’s scared of me in the above picture. (That’s how most guys react to me.)

What you didn’t know about Bud:

He’s a budding (ha, didn’t even mean to do that) filmmaker. He and my friend Justin (hey, another guy friend!) entered a 48-hour short film contest and you can check out their final product here. Go to “films” and theirs is under “BudCrud Productions.” Bud is the star! After you watch it you can vote for it and help them win!

The film is already getting rave reviews from the critics:

“This is awesome…”
“Bud is so funny.”
“They HAVE to win.”
“This is better than anything on Saturday Night Live.”
“Let’s watch some more but I don’t see how they could be better.”

Okay, those were all from Frank but I agree and I’m sure you will too.

I know what you’re thinking: “Writinggal, is this just a ploy to get us to vote for your friend’s film so you can keep one of your three guy friends?”

YES!! And if Scott Womack ever makes a film, you can bet I’ll plug it too!

It's good to try to impress an upcoming film power like Bud with your dancing moves

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

safe bet Ia m not going to make a film, unless I am four wheeling in the Scout!!