Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Move Over Bo Derek...

There’s a new perfect 10 in town.

It’s my Double Chocolate Fudge Mint M&M Cookies.



Yes, I baked! And they got a 10 from the man who rarely gives out ratings above 7.5 (although always over 6).

I baked them for Frank’s co-workers (who last year were innocent victims of the Rolo Cookie Catastrophe of 2005). When I told Frank I wanted to make cookies for them again he said, “Um, you don’t have to.” I told him that I really wanted to and he said, “No, really. You don’t have to.”

Someone didn’t trust Bakinggal, did he?

I made him a deal: “I’m going to make these Double Chocolate Fudge Mint M&M Cookies and you have to say right now if you think they’re going to turn out good.” If he went with good, he had to eat them and he had to give them to his co-workers no matter how they turned out. If he guessed that they would be bad, he couldn’t have any and he couldn’t give them to his co-workers (which sounds means but if they turned out like the first batch of Rolo cookies, it would be really nice).

He went with good.

Good choice.

Because they’re not just good; they get my highest rating which doesn’t come in numbers but rather in words: freakin’ awesome.

And because you’re such a loyal blog reader, I will give you my secret recipe:

Buy a pouch of Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Follow the directions (this involves an egg and vegetable oil)
Right before you’re about to drop the cookies onto the baking sheet, throw some mint M&Ms in there. How many? However many you want; the more the better.

Yields: about 30 cookies. They say three dozen but I only got about 30 out of it.

Now if yours don’t turn out as good as mine, it’s because I invented the recipe (except I sort of stole it from the newspaper cookie contest) and I have that magic baking touch (except I don’t and I usually suck at baking). But keep trying. You’ll find your baking specialty.

I am so gonna rule the cookie exchange next year. Bring it on!

No comments: