Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2008

Nesting

When I first heard pregnant women say they were nesting, I thought it basically meant they were sitting around on their butts. Maybe watching Oprah. No, something trashier like Dr. Phil.

But then people started giving me examples of nesting like, “I had to get all my recipes in order” and “I changed the nursery theme three times.” Well, this all sounded like work. That’s when I realized that nesting did not equal resting. Frank said, “I think it’s like building a nest.” Maybe that’s right.

All I know is that this weekend, we moved all the guitars and guitar paraphernalia out of the empty bedroom that will soon be the nursery. We went through all the baby stuff we already have and organized it. At one point when I was thigh deep in onesies, cards and bottles and Frank was setting up his electric guitar in the guest room, I yelled, “Frank, do you know what I think we’re doing?”

“What?”

“I think we’re nesting!”

He came in the room, wearing his Baby Bjorn and said, “I think you’re right!”


6 comments:

Liz said...

I like it when Frank wears muscle shirts.

Writinggal said...

Yes, he's like meat-head daddy.

fsimcik said...

It's the only muscle shirt I own...I just wear it a lot.

Thea said...

Seriously, Frank's been pumping iron in preparation for all that baby holding! Nice.

baby curiel said...

Good to get in all the weight training now. It all gets put on hold when baby comes. At least for a while...

dadfrankie said...

Yes I remember nesting by putting up raggady ann wall paper for the not known frankies room and putting together the crib and visualizing the room with a new baby great memories thanks for the reminder of that wonderful time of preparation and anticipation.