Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Juror #43* or Elsa Simlacky

If you don't hear from me for awhile, it's because I'm doing my civic duty. I went to jury duty yesterday and while I haven't officially been picked, I have to go back again today.

It's pretty unpleasant but on the plus side, I can't complain about not knowing that many people in Atlanta anymore. I have lots of new friends: Juror #12, Juror #5, Juror #23, Juror #34, #47, Juror #60--all super cool. Juror #66 is a little coo-coo but we did ride the train home together. When it's all over I may get their numbers so we can hang out. I might even ask them their real names.

*Not my real juror number. Juror number has been changed to protect the juror. (I'm so down with legal speak now.)

4 comments:

Writinggal said...

And the "Simlacky:" When they called my name they just said, "Simlacky." I didn't move because I had no idea they were referring to me. Then he spelled it: "S-I-M-C-I-K, Simlacky."

Huh?

Free from jury duty now. $50 richer.

Liz said...

Whew! I'm glad you're free. I think it would be miserable to sit like that for so long with your pregnant belly. Wait... am I allowed to even talk about that on this blog?? :)

Writinggal said...

I'm getting to the point where I just have babies on the brain so it's hard to talk about anything else--even on my non-baby blog!

Liz said...

I know! That's how I feel about you, too! And I don't even have a baby in my tummy. I just can't wait to hear about BS..... I think it's because of the suspense built up from not knowing if it's a boy or girl. :)