Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2008

Grout Godsend



Our shower makes me sad. It’s looked dirty ever since we moved in. So as you’ll recall, I phoned in for professional help. I didn’t care how much it cost. I didn’t even shop around. I just said, “Save me from my grout!”

They said they’d come that afternoon.
They didn’t.
Then they said they’d come the next afternoon.
They didn’t.

Mind you, each time they say they’re coming I get giddy. I take everything out of the shower and then triumphantly tell the grout, “Ha! This is the LAST day I have to look at your disgustingness! Soon you will be shiny and perfect and I won’t have to distract people with the heart-shaped tub when I’m giving tours of the house.”

They rescheduled for Saturday between 2-6. Who were they? The cable company?

I waited. I postponed a trip to Target. I got impatient. But I kept thinking that this was all for the good of the shower. And my sanity.

After awhile I called. They said, “I don’t know what to tell you” and they never showed. And they never called again. And I never called them. And I may have cried a little bit.

So I told my neighbor Debbie about my saga (who rivals Thea in the tip department). She said this cleaner, Comet Spray Gel, worked for her. I said, “But what type of tool did you use to get it out after you sprayed it? A putty knife? A chainsaw?”

Nothing. She said she just sprayed it, walked away, came back and her shower was clean.

Naturally, I was skeptical. She let me borrow hers to do a test area. I sprayed it on the ugliest grout in the shower and went about my business.

That night I told Frank about it and he was a total non-believer. So we went to check the area I sprayed.

I couldn’t find it.

That means it worked! We were amazed. Frank wanted to go pick some up that night!

So now we have our very own bottle. Frank has done a couple more test patches but he needs to do the whole shower (I can’t because of my condition). And yes, in some places you do have to scrub a little but only with a sponge. And for some reason Frank likes to use old t-shirts.

I’m telling you this saga of the grout in case you too are struggling with grout guilt. Do not break out power tools. Do not call incompetent, overpriced people to come fix it. And definitely do not shed any tears!
This has been a public service announcement from Writinggal.

3 comments:

Thea said...

You don't know how hard it is for me not to get up from my desk and go buy this ASAP! I will wait until after work, but I am giddy thinking about how clean my shower will be!

Writinggal said...

By the way, I couldn't find it at Kroger but I found it at Target.

Thea said...

They didn't have it at Super Target! I'm so upset. I will continue my search this weekend.