Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2008

Ice cream craving (minus the pickles)

I thought I had experienced pregnancy cravings before (like with the pancakes on a Thursday morning) but on Saturday I found out what a real craving was all about.

It started with a picture of ice cream at Chick Fil-la. Next we passed a McDonald's and I thought about their soft serve cones. I said to Frank, "I kinda feel like ice cream." He said, "Really? I don't."

Darn.

After that, I couldn't get that ice cream out of my head:


Yummmm....ice cream.

Ice cream with chocolate chunks.

Ice cream with chocolate syrup.

Stop it. Stop thinking about ice cream. Think about something else like...umbrellas...I need a new umbrella for when it rains...lately we've had some ice...yummm...ice cream.

If I could just have a little taste of ice cream. That's all I need. Maybe one of those little pints. We're going right by a store. Would Frank stop? Would he think I was crazy?

Yes, that's crazy. You've got good-tasting things at home. What about that peanut butter cookie? Will that work? Peanut butter cookie crumbled up in ice cream...yum.

MUST HAVE ICE CREAM!!

"Um, Frank...I really feel like ice cream. Could we stop somewhere and get some?"

"We could stop at Wendy's and get a Frosty."

"That's not ice cream!"

Soon we were pulling into the grocery store. I got mint chocolate chip.

"There. You got your ice cream. Feeling better?" Frank asked.

"Not until I eat it. Can I open it in the car?"

Finally we got home where my ice cream and I could be together. It was heavenly:









Luckily, we got a half gallon so the next day I crumbled up the peanut butter cookie in my ice cream. Dreams really do come true (if you whine enough).

2 comments:

Dad Simcik said...

I have given up on ice cream because my frank (Joanne) keeps reminding me I don't need it!!!! Well I have substitued Yoplait (sp?) or rather she (Joanne) buys it for me and I had gotten over the cravings until I read your Expanded annnnnd No I Am Not Pregnant--- I don't think so! Well enjoy a bowl for me and I will have grandpa empathy cravings LOVE

Writinggal said...

I talk a big game but mine is actually frozen yogurt. Don't be too jealous.