Search This Blog

Friday, January 05, 2007

Have you met Henry?




As you know, I like dogs on a case by case basis. And in this case, I like Henry. I conducted a pre-interview with him over the holidays and told him I’d be featuring him in my blog. He had a special request though. He said since I’m not an actual “dog-person” could he write the blog? I said, “Henry, you’re not a writer or a person but okay.”


And now I give you “Have you met Henry?” by Henry Alexander Goldman:

Hi, my name’s Henry. I used to live in a warm place but now I live in a cold place. There’s all this white stuff on the ground. I like to pee on it. Which place do I prefer? I don’t care. I like them both.

My mom is Laura. She found me on a farm and cleaned me up. I like her. She feeds me. I like food.




My dad is Safety Dave. Laura met him soon after she found me. I like him too. He feeds me. I like food.

Laura and Safety Dave take me for walks all the time. I like walks. I like to walk in the white stuff. I like to pee on it. Did I say that I already?

I like it when they say “let’s go!” I don’t care where we’re going. I like going anywhere.

Sometimes they put me in a crate. Other dogs ask me if I mind that. I don’t mind. I like it actually.

Speaking of other dogs, there are a lot of big ones in this cold place. That’s okay with me. I’m not scared. I like it.

Since it’s cold here, sometimes Laura and Safety Dave put sweaters on me. They’re not completely comfortable and they’re difficult to get over my head but I don’t care. I like them.




You may have noticed that I’m very hairy. My hair gets in front of my eyes sometimes but that’s okay. I like it. I think I look cool.




Writinggal came to visit us last week. She’s not very good at walking in the white stuff but that’s okay. She walked me and I liked it. Except she wouldn’t pick up my poop which was a little embarrassing. Made me look bad in front of the big dogs.





This other dog Max came to visit too. I liked him even though he kept jumping on me. I tried to tell him I’m not into boy dogs. But actually, I kind of liked it.

Oh, and I like my toy turtle.


Come to think of it, there’s not really anything I don’t like. I’m always happy. You could learn a lot from me.

Back to WG: Who, me?

Henry: Yes, you, Writinggal. I don’t know why you have to be so assertive all the time.

WG: Oh, this is a new thing. I’m not usually so tough.

Henry: Well, go back to being nice. You’ll like it better. And I’ll like you better if you would pick up my poop, please.

WG: Anything else, Henry?

Henry: I like blogging.








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that my dad, Safety Dave, spelled my name wrong on my collar. Now all the other dogs in the neighborhood call me "Hen-rey." Between that and Max humping me, you can just imagine the reputation I'm getting.

But I like it.

Anonymous said...

Hen-rey! You are such a good blogger! I knew putting that laptop in your kennel was a good idea :)

Awesome blog Elsa! I think this is my favorite 2007 blog so far. Thanks for spot-lighting my favorite dog!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Laura!! Elsa asked me to take over blog duties all day because she's busy writing. For me, it's a toss up between this one and the one where she couldn't find her keys. I like keys.

Hurry and come home!!

Anonymous said...

Henry, I totally understand the hair-in-the-eye issue! Luckily my mom cuts it back...occasionally...once I start bumping into things. Whatever.

Woof!

Anonymous said...

I like my sweater, crate, and Cletis (my bear). I like snow too.

I'm sure I'd like Writinggal (I love everyone!), but she might think I'm a spaz.

We'll see.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Hen-rey, he is ever so handsome! When do I get to write a blog Aunt Elsa. Mommy won't put a laptop in my crate until I stop chewing so much.
Snow looks fun! I like food, too! No, I love food.
Well must go sqeak my toys! I am a busy Princess.

Anonymous said...

Henry, We liked meeting you at Thanksgiving. We like about everything too, especially walks, treats and watching out the front window when mama is working. I, Jaxx, love everyone and my sister Katie is shy and really only goes to Elsa. Better go take a snooze so we will be ready to play when papa gets home. See ya next time you come to Dallas. Jaxx Hi from Katie too.

Writinggal said...

Jaxx and Katie aren't as good at blogging as the other dogs but we love them anyway.