Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday Musings

Today I put gas in my car. Why is that important? Because I haven’t done that in over 30 days! No, I didn’t have someone else do it for me (cringing as I think of snotty girl in college who used to try to pay me to put gas in her car because she hated to “smell of gas”). I just didn’t need gas for that long.

I felt so environmental, so green; it must be the influence of the Big Blue Bin.

“I’m so cool!” I shouted as I pumped gas in the windy weather. “I saved gas by not going anywhere for 30 days!”

Or does that just make me boring?

I contemplated this and decided that, no, I couldn’t possibly be boring.

Do boring people dress up like cereal and go out in public?



Do boring people get pedicures with their upcoming age painted on their big toe?




Do boring people have their birthday on the most depressing day of the year? (It’s today, by the way, not Wednesday. Schwoo.)

Do boring people wear undewear over spandex?




Me neither. But who knows what I could do next? I've got a full tank of gas.









7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a self-proclaimed Kashi expert, I have to say that the Elsa Crunch is my favorite variety.

Anonymous said...

I would love to know the story behind the Kashi costume. . . but I'll settle for the pictures :) I hope you have a great birthday Elsa!!

Anonymous said...

I like Frank's expression in the background, "that's my wife and she is not boring."

Anonymous said...

Happy almost birthday Elsa and Thea!
How many people can say they had a real live box of Kashi cereal at their party!

Writinggal said...

I liked being called the "Go Lean Girl."

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kristen, I do feel pretty darn special. In return I plan on surprising Elsa in Vegas dressed as a smoothie or a salmon roll-up. I haven't decided yet.

Writinggal said...

Salmon roll up could be tricky since I now put green chili on it.