Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2005

Elsa's Favorite Things

Today Oprah is having her best show of the year, “Oprah’s Favorite Things.” She’ll list gifts at all prices that she thinks are cool and then the audience feigns surprise as she screams, “You’re getting the super duper coffee maker, you’re getting the super duper coffee maker, everybody’s getting the super duper coffee maker!" I thought we could do the same at Writinggal. Except don’t bother practicing your fake surprised face—you ain’t gettin’ nuthin'.

Airline Blanket: My favorite blanket is red, soft, warm and has been used by thousands of disgruntled airline passengers. Frank gave it to me about five years ago. He called me one morning at like 6am. He had just gotten off a red eye flight and said he was coming straight to my apartment with a surprise. When I opened the door he was standing there with the stolen blanket. I was so excited! My very own airline blanket plus my boyfriend was a thief (you know how girls like the bad boys).






Ti-faux: If you don’t have Tivo or the fake version, DVR, you are so missing out. You may think another TV gadget means you’re more obsessed with TV or that you’ll watch more of it. Not true. With Ti-faux you’re in control. You can start programs later and therefore not spend as much time in front of the TV. Take Oprah, for instance. That show is really only 30 minutes once you take out commercials, the theme song and the ten minutes of Oprah worshipping at the beginning.



Dish Dryer: We were using our dishwasher way too much. I was running it like every day. I mean, I would look at a spoon and think it needed to go in the dishwasher. So Frank suggested we get this dish drying thingie—for those items that we can wash in the sink and not put in the dishwasher. We went to Target and picked up this adorable red one! I don’t know if it’s the bold color or the promise of a lower electric bill but when we look at it we say, “I love that red dish drying thingie.”



Chimenea: I don’t have one of these but I really want one. Just in case you were struggling with what to get me this year.



Hopefully I've just made your Christmas shopping a little bit easier. And since we're talking about favorites, I bet you're curious to know my fave Christmas song: It's Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is you." And guess what? Next time I see you I'll sing it for you! That's right, you're getting a song, you're getting a song, everybody's getting a song sung to them by me! I am so white Oprah today.

4 comments:

ReadBecca said...

Please tell me you're Ti-fauxing it today. I forgot to set the VCR.

Writinggal said...

This is precisely why you need Ti-faux!! I ti-faux Oprah every day. Also, they're going to post the list of her fave things online at 5pm EST.

Anonymous said...

Love airline blankets, not a fan of the airline pillow, which American seems to be getting rid of anyway.
So behind on the world of Tivo (Ti-faux). Of course I am currently getting free cable when I should not, so not going to mess with anything.

Writinggal said...

Airline pillows = lame
Airline mini liqour bottles = love

You can play with our Ti-faux when you come for Thanksgiving.