Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Recap


Here I am, Cookinggal, stirring up one of my many Thanksgiving recipes. I look happy but I was actually a frazzled psycho version of Cookinggal. Again, my apologies to my guests.

I did however, get some rave reviews:

"This is the best Thanksgiving meal I've ever had."

"I have to say, this is one of the best Thanksgivings ever."

"Yum."

"Pass the asparagus dish. I'm gonna need the recipe."

Now, let's compare and contrast as I promised:

We started with a dip called the three pepper cheese spread. And when I say "we started with" I mean I put it out in front of the boys who were watching football and they destroyed it.


Here is what it was supposed to look like:

Here is what it looked like by Cookinggal. Hey, give me some better lighting and fancy garnishes and they're identical I think.

Then I made this Spinach casserole. I don't want to talk about it.

The popular asparagus dish looked like this:

I got the recipe from my neighbor so I don't have a picture to compare it to. But trust me, this is how it's supposed to look.

Okay, let's skip to dessert. I attempted this double layer pumpkin pie that's supposed to look like this:

But ended up looking like this:


How DO they get the two layers to have that line between them? You know what? I don't care. It still tasted freakin' awesome.

You can't tell but everyone is saying, "Thank you, Cookinggal!"

Stay tuned this holiday season as Cookinggal tackles a Christmas party! Rachael Ray? So yesterday.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner was great! Kevin was telling me again yesterday that he thought the best dish was the asparagus salad.
I want that dip recipe. I only got one taste before the men tore into it.
You hid your frazzledness very well!

Anonymous said...

I need the asparagus recipe!

Liz said...

I think the leftover Turkey Enchiladas were the best. Cookinggal, you rock.

Anonymous said...

I missed it all! At least I have the pictures. Can't wait for the Christmas party!

ReadBecca said...

Good job, CookingGal!

Anonymous said...

asparagus was the best, pumpkin pie close second.... whose hand was that in the dip picture, they should be a hand model!!

Writinggal said...

Thanks, everybody! The asparagus is so easy, I'm almost embarrassed to include the recipe:

--One bunch of asparagus
--One pint of grape tomatoes
--One container of Feta cheese (the basil tomato kind)
--Dressing from Central Market called "Garlic Expressions"

Basically, you just steam the asparagus, cut it up into smaller pieces, throw it into a bowl with the tomatoes, about half the feta cheese and I'd say two tablespoons of the Garlic Expressions. Mix it up and serve!

ReadBecca said...

Simple recipes are the best. I swear by salad in a bag with mandarin orange slices from the can (rinsed) and Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette. Easiest. Fancy. Salad. Ever.

Jessi said...

Put that pie in the freezer for a while, then when you cut it, BAM, perfet line (but then you have to wait for it to warm up a bit, but it will be perfect!).

Patt said...

your the best lady.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there! I am very impressed that Frank and you have moved beyond the store bought oven pizza!