Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Why MariahCareyMerryChristmas Rocks

I love MariahCareyMerryChristmas. And you have to say it like that—all one word. Or if you’re really in the know, you can say MCMC. My best friend in high school, Amber, got it for me our senior year so this marks my 11th year of jamming to MCMC. Why does it rock?

Mariah mixes old and new with songs like “Joy to the World” and “Miss you Most at Christmas Time.” She even has this awesome tune, “Jesus, Oh what a Wonderful Child” which she sings with a black choir. I like to pretend that I’m the only little white girl in the all black choir and when Mariah’s part comes on, I emerge from the choir and sing. Then everybody goes, “Go little white girl!” Of course, when they find out I’m just lip singing to Mariah Carey I’ll have to dance a jig and get out of there.

Now I'm not even a big Mariah Carey fan. I don't have any of her other albums. Okay, if you count the single to "Vison of Love" which I have on tape then I guess I do. But everybody had that.

Mariah fans and non-fans alike are in luck this year: She's revamped the album with more songs, newer versions and a DVD of some sort. Here’s what people are saying:

Oppie from New Mexico says:
“This has got to be one of the best Christmas albums ever made.”

J. Stewart of Columbus, Ohio says:
“This is a must have...even if you have the original!”

Kelly T. of Tampa, FL says:
"I'm so glad she gave this album a fact lift!" (Hey, just because she can't spell doesn't mean her comment isn't valid!)

The experts at Amazon say:
"A must for diehards, and a pleasant surprise for the unconverted."

Listen to samples here!

Every year I completely overplay this CD. I listen to it at home, during road trips, even in the shower (Yes, I have a CD player in there!) But I never get sick of it. Once December 26th hits, though, MCMC goes right back into….well it’s been in the side pocket of Frank’s car for the last year. But I got it out this morning and I’m ready to overplay it again. Feel free to come over and watch me sing along. I’ll even do “Jesus, Oh what a Wonderful Child” for you. But if you’re gonna watch, you HAVE to yell, “Go little white girl!”

No comments: