Search This Blog

Monday, February 02, 2009

It happened

On Saturday afternoon Frank said he would marinate chicken for our dinner that night. The next thing I know I hear, "Uh-oh." I look over and he's holding a baggie full of uncooked chicken in one hand and the dish soap bottle in another. Since my discovery of the "olive oil holder can be used as a dish soap holder," I, too, have almost made the same mistake. Almost.
But the worst part is not that he did actually dump the dish soap on our chicken. The worst part is that we ate it! In fact--after some good rinsing in hot water--we ate it that night on a pizza and repurposed the chicken the next night for fajitas.
What's even stranger is that we both thought the chicken was the best we ever made. So maybe marinating in Palmolive is not such a bad thing. Ooh, lightbulb moment: it does have the word olive in it; perhaps that's what makes it so tasty.
Side note: Since Frank wouldn't cooperate with my original photo idea of him holding both bottles and looking perplexed, I leave you with this shot of the two bottles on their own. You can see how it could be confusing to an untrained cook (and untrained dishwasher).

2 comments:

Laura Simcik said...

I think it's time to start buying a different flavor of dish soap - Strawberry maybe?

Writinggal said...

At first I thought you meant we should change it so that our chicken would taste different.

I'm easily confused.