Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

As special as the manager

Frank and I don't really do gifts. I mean, come on. A gift for birthdays, Christmas, anniversary and Valentine's Day? That would be like...EIGHT gifts a year!




Instead, we'll just do little things like cupcakes or cookie cakes or brownies...usually something edible and sweet.


Yesterday, I surprised Frank with a beer variety pack. He always considers getting a variety pack but ultimately ends up with Miller Lite. So when I saw the sign for "Dundee" beer, I thought, "This is the perfect gift! He wouldn't buy it for himself, it's on sale and we love the word Dundees."





Frank also made a trip to Kroger for my V-day gift. I was excited when I came into the kitchen and saw, sitting patiently on the table, a cookie cake that said "I love you" on it. How sweet and yummy!


"I see it was on sale for $4.49," I said. "And it's the manager's special."


Then Frank said the most romantic thing: "Yes. You deserve the manager's special."



2 comments:

Kristin said...

Did you get "dundies" drinking the beer and eating the manager's special cookie cake?

Writinggal said...

Totally!

When we at the cookie cake I said, "This has tons of icing!" And Frank said, "Maybe that's how the manager likes it."