Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2008

Parents Say the Darndest Things

Between the two of us, Frank and I have a lot of parental clichés we’ve accumulated from our own upbringings. We are excited to share these with BS:

Well who told you life was fair?

If you’re bored, you’re boring.

If I find it, can I hit you?

Does your face hurt? Cause it’s killing me.

Because I’m the mommy, that’s why.

Don’t sit around in your bathing suit. You’ll get a bladder infection.

I just want you to try it.

Eat it. It’ll put hair on your chest.

I wish you’d eat something green.

You can’t wear that. It will look like we don’t know how to dress you.

Ladies don’t sit like that.

You’re cold? Well put some clothes on!

If you lie down with dogs, you come up with fleas.

Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about.

Conversations with BS:

BS: Me and my friend went to this park and…
Me: My friend and I…
BS: You weren’t there, mom!

BS: But Sally has one!
Frank: If Sally jumped off a bridge, would you?

BS: Can I have this toy? It’s only $40.
Me: Sure. Do you have $40?

BS: Can we go shopping for new school clothes?
Me: What’s wrong with the clothes you wore last year?

BS: I need this video game.
Frank: Do you need it or do you just want it?


BS: I got all A’s…how much money do I get?
Us: Money? You’re supposed to get good grades!
BS: But Sally gets $20 for As, $10 for Bs…
Frank: If Sally jumped-
BS: I know, I know. If Sally jumped off a bridge…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Forgot
On the count of 3 you better behave (or whatever)!

One...2..two...two & a quarter, two and a half.....you don't want me to get to 3, do you!

Writinggal said...

Another one I left off:

"Sounds like somebody needs a nap."

Thea said...

"Money doesn't grow on trees"

Anonymous said...

Keep whining and I'll give you something to cry about.