Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2008

Cookinggal’s Chops

I haven’t told you about the adventures of Cookinggal in awhile but let me assure you I’m still a force in the kitchen.

Whenever Frank comes home and I’m preparing a meal he stands there and says things like, “Did you ever know you’d be so into cooking?” and “Who would have thought the girl who only liked sandwiches is making THIS?” and “Remember when you didn’t know how to brown meat? Look at you now!”

But even though I cook some sort of fabulous dinner about five nights a week, my repertoire was getting stale. My main ingredients were always chicken, ground turkey and every now and then shrimp.

So I branched out. Where did I branch off to? The land of pork. As in pork chops. I had probably only eaten pork chops two other times in my life. Once was at book club and I had to ask, “What are these? They’re so good!” Although that might have been pork tenderloin. I don’t have my porks down just yet.

I found this recipe and decided it would be my pork guinea pig. (Even though it called for PT and I used PC Frank said that was okay because PC was cheaper.)

Making pork is just like making chicken. In fact, it even tasted like chicken. But I still got big props from Frank:

“I can’t believe you made pork chops!”
“This is so good! Don’t you think it’s good?”
“How did you learn how to make pork chops?”

I think he gave it an eight.

Yep, Cookinggal’s still got it. But I can’t neglect my mainstays or I’m liable to forget how to brown meat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an awesome recipe for a glaze that we put on pork, salmon, or chicken. It is so good!!!

Writinggal said...

Feel free to send it along! You can email it to me or mail it to me on offetory envelopes like Nana does.