Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Bringing Sexy Blog

Frank and I discussed it and we think the idea of “bringing sexy back” is lame. Sexy never went away. Let’s bring something back that we really miss. What should it be? Natch, there’s a list:


“Sike!”
Definition: Just kidding; I fooled you; not really
“I bought you Saved by the Bell, the College Years on DVD…Sike!”
Who’s Bringing it Back? Alicia (She never stopped saying it.)


Velcro
Definition: If you have to ask...
Who’s Bringing it Back? My old boss, Alan. He had a velcro wallet and he’d always say, “I’m bringing velcro back.” Somebody contact Weird Al; I think we’ve got a parody.


Retarded Hand Gesture with the “Argh Argh” noise
Definition: This one’s hard to describe but you know what I mean, right? You take your hand across your chest, up told your shoulder, hit your shoulder two times and say “argh argh.” You use it when a colleague says something stupid (i.e. “retarded.”) It’s not exactly PC.
Who’s Bringing it Back? Me. I’ll take this one but I'm gonna need everybody's cooperation.

Banana Clips




Definition: Hair fastener circa 1985
Why? You know how I feel about these. I think they’re flattering, easy-to-use and just plain cool. Plus, I missed them the first time around.
Who’s Bringing it Back? I will if I can find one.

Waaaz Up?
Definition: Catch phrase from beer commercial in early 21st century
Variation(s): Waz uppy?
Who’s Bringing it Back and Why? It’s easy to bring something back that’s really old (i.e. the banana clip); the real challenge is bringing something back that’s only semi-old. People won’t know if you’re bringing it back or still saying it. I challenge someone to take on this one.




Andrew Shue




Definition: Cutie of Melrose Place fame; brother to more successful Shue, Elisabeth.

Who’s Bringing it Back: Marc Cherry, creator of Desperate Housewives. He loves those MP alums.


Now, Andrew Shue. There's a guy who could bring sexy back. If only he had a banana clip and a velcro wallet. Sike!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome! My friends and I have been trying to bring "choice" back for the past month.

Def: Awesome

Ex: "That is one choice banana clip, Andrew Shue!"

Writinggal said...

I'm going to take that as you volunteering to bring back "Waaaz up?"

Anonymous said...

One step at a time...still selling people on 'Choice'