Search This Blog

Friday, December 01, 2006

And you thought Colorado was Cold

Eat your heart out, Durango friends. We’ve got a “Bitter Blast” That’s what ABC calls it. I believe NBC is calling it the “Arctic Freeze.” Fox isn’t so clever with a humdrum “Hard Freeze.” They’ve all created logos for the event, conjured up lists of do’s and don’ts and made sure to interrupt all our favorite programs (miss you, Oprah!) to tell us all about it.

We’re makin’ snowballs.
We’re playin’ hookey.
We’re coverin’ up the plants.
We’re layerin’. And we’re layerin’ some more.

You northerners may say, “What’s the big deal? We get this stuff every day for eight months and life goes on.”

Well we say, “This may only happen ONE time this year! We have to savor it, make the most if it. Quick! Turn on the fire! We might not have another opportunity where we won’t sweat while it’s on. Get out the hot cocoa. Hurry! Make it all! Yes, of course, add the whip cream! It’s a special occasion!”



So turn up the heat, wrap up in a blanket and cut the tags off your ear muffs...it's the "Snowy Squall 2006." Yep, I made up that one. I should so be on the naming committee.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a Winter Wonderland!
Just cold and sunny here in Houston, no ice. Good thing because we do not know how to drive in it!
The breeder made Paloma a vest to keep her warm when I pick her up today!!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting - but Elsa, where is your scarf?!? This is your one chance to wear it in your own zip code!

Writinggal said...

I was actually wearing it earlier but then we just ran outside to take the picture so I just threw on my jacket. Promise!! And I wore it all weekend; I'll send pics to prove it!