Search This Blog

Friday, December 22, 2006

100% Pure Blog

I got a mass email from my gym manager the other day that said something like, “If you’re not giving 200% in your classes then you’re doing your members a disservice.”

So now it’s 200%? That’s DOUBLE my full effort. Isn't that a bit much?

I mean, I got it when people used to say 110%. That’s like every thing you’ve got plus a little extra. I can do that.

Then I started hearing 150%. Like, “If you want to do this job, you’ve got to give 150% every day.” Okay, so that’s like everything I got plus half of everything I’ve got.

Sometimes it’s an ambiguous percent, like 180%. What does that mean?

And you know when that manager was typing that memo, she was like, “If you’re not giving 100%...wait, no. I have to make this really powerful…If you’re not giving 120%...come on, this is a gym! It’s got to be really intense! 175? No, 200! 200%!! Yes! That’s the magic percent!”

I mean, why stop there? Why not 250%? Why not 300? I know, infinity percent!!

I could go on and on about this but I don’t think a lot of people are at work today, reading my blog. So that’s all you get—100% of Writinggal. And really, you can't handle any more than that anyway.

1 comment:

Writinggal said...

Is this how you're introducing us to your new band, "7 minute abs?"