Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Smoothie Operator

 

 IMG_1701

Now that Leo can drink through a straw (he was a late straw-sucker), I thought we could try smoothies. This, I decided, would be a great way to  sneak in some vegetables. I mean, even if you don’t like to eat carrots, you’ll drink them when mixed with sugar and milk, right? We didn’t start with veggies though. I did your traditional fruit-based smoothie. I got Leo all involved too. He loved helping me make “mooeys.”

Here we are, getting ready for our little project. By the way, the apron…cute or cruel?

  IMG_1702

Leo’s reaction to the blender:

IMG_1703

Enjoying our fruity drinks—a blend of frozen berries, milk and Yo Baby.  He took a few sips but the novelty wore off fast. He quickly pushed it away, saying, “Mama, please take.”

IMG_1704

One thing he didn’t want me to take? The apron! Guess that’s a keeper.  Sorry, Daddy!

5 comments:

GR said...

Burn the apron!

Writinggal said...

If I burn anything, it probably should be these pictures!

Kristin said...

That looks like so much fun Leo. Maybe we should get you more manly apron!

Granny Jo said...

You don't want these photos in his wedding/rehearsal dinner slide show..I agree...burn them!

Writinggal said...

Today we finger-painted and he wore a white apron. I think it was more manly, especially since I called it a "smock."