Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2008

Tummy turn-off


I know all about tummy time. I know we're supposed to do it. I know the baby "can't get too much" according to his pediatrician. But Leo spits up. A lot. And putting him on his tummy hasn't been an ideal position for such a situation.

So I’ve been a tummy time slacking mom. But then this lady in my spin class told me that she’s some sort of orthopedic such and such—something medical and related to kids. Anyway, she said that she sees kids who didn’t get enough tummy time as babies and something really bad happens to them. Okay, I’m clearly not a good listener after spin class but here’s what I got out of it: “If your baby doesn’t do tummy time then he is doomed. He won’t go to college, he won’t get a job, he’ll live in your basement forever.”

Whatever she said, it made me put Leo on his tummy every chance I got. Spit-up or not. But Leo won’t stay on his tummy. He likes to roll onto his back. Maybe that’s because whenever he does it, I squeal, “Yeah! What a good boy!” and then put him back on his tummy. And then I say, “Yeah! What a smart boy! Somebody’s going to an Ivey League school!” And then I add, “…on a full scholarship, right?”

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Leo looks like he is ready to take off crawling any day now!
Watch out world!