Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2008

Blue Tooth Group



I haven’t worked in an office for awhile so to me, this whole Blue Tooth thing is weird. When I see someone with their tiny cell phone attached to their ear, I think, “Do they know that’s still on there? Did they forget to take it out?” I even said that to a friend of ours who works with Frank: “Are you expecting a call?” I asked him. “You’ve still got your phone on your ear!” I figured he would be grateful that I alerted him to it. Instead, he just kept it attached.

Frank told me later that everyone he works with keeps their Blue Tooth on their ears. The whole day! How troubling.

Also, those Blue Tooth people always look like they’re talking to themselves, or worse, like they’re talking to me. I’ll see someone coming towards me saying, “I can’t believe it!” and I’m all, “What can’t you believe? That it’s really me? That it’s Writinggal in the flesh? Are you like a major fan? Do you want my autograph?” And they just keep walking and talking into the air. So embarrassing.

Well, now I’m one of those people. And I’m gonna get totally into it. I’m gonna wear it all the time—maybe even in the shower. And I’m gonna talk on it as often as I can. I can’t wait for people to think I’m talking to them when I’m really talking to someone way more important. I just wanted to prepare you so if you see me with it you won’t say, “Hey, you’ve got something in your ear!”

(Even Leo thinks it's weird.)

No comments: