Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2008

Get your votes in!

There are only four days left to vote on BS’s gender. I picked that day to close the poll because it’s a few days before my due date. So when you see “poll closed” next week it doesn’t really mean we know the gender. But we might.

At press time the race is tight: 51% girl; 48% boy.

In real life the votes are more lopsided—in favor of boy. People who don’t even know that I don’t know will say, “Are you having a boy?” All I can say is, “Maybe!” I’ll hear the occasional, “I think it’s a girl” but it’s rare.

I, myself, have boys on the brain. I don’t have a logical reason for thinking BS is a boy, just the following clues:

--In my dreams BS is always a boy.

--Whenever I talk about BS, I accidentally say “he” or “him.” (Does that fall under a Freudian slip? Or does it not count since I actually don’t know?)

--BS’s behavior: Surely, a sweet little girl couldn’t be this aggressive.

I’m not trying to sway your vote. In fact, I think I voted for girl way back when. But it might have just been because the blog is very pink.

No comments: