Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More of Cookinggal's Favorite Things

The other day as I searched for a chip clip for some frozen veggies I thought, “Whatever happened to good, old-fashioned, wooden clothes pins?” I mean, if I had some of those babies lying around I could clip everything. I wouldn’t have to make three bags of chips share one clip. I wouldn’t have to clip something small (like chocolate mini morsels) with a bulky chip clip.

So I bought some clothes pins at Target the other day. They weren’t easy to find. I had to ask an associate for help. He was like, “Clothes pins?” And I said, “I know. They’re probably not cool anymore. But I don’t care. I want clothes pins.” Some other red-shirted dude found them for me.

Now I have my clothes pins and they make me really happy. Every time I go to clip something I think, “Ooh, I can use one of my clothes pins.” They’re so much more compact than the chip clips and so much more versatile. I’m clothes-pinning everything—bags of spinach, ground flaxseed and of course, the mini morsels.

And while we’re on the subject of things that make me happy in my kitchen, let me tell you about my snack bags. I’ve seen other moms with these and I finally got my own:


Aren’t they cute? Oh, and that’s just a picture I found on the web. But they would be great for marshmallows.

They’re also great for Leo’s Cheerios or Puffs or when he only eats a quarter of a piece of cheese and I have to save the rest. Just like with the clothes pins, I get excited when an opportunity arises for me to use a snack bag.

I tried to think of a third favorite thing from my kitchen because of the whole rule of three but I’ve already told you about my olive oil holder.

And I didn’t think choose-a-size paper towels were really worthy mentioning.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Clothes pins are a great idea! I never have enough chip clips!

And we should all be eating lots of chips!

Thea said...

I use those little baggies to bring my baby carrots to work! Love them.

Oh, and some binder clips from the office might have found their way to my house and taken up residence in my kitchen.

Writinggal said...

Yes, everyone keep eating lots of chips! Please!

Binder clips...that's a good office steal. On my last day at a particular place I was embarrassed when someone asked if they could get something out of my bag since it contained a ruler, stapler and a three-hole punch that I had lifted.