Search This Blog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

L.C. = Lotsa Crazy


Let’s play a game. I’ll give you a hypothetical situation and you tell me (or just say to yourself) what you would do.

Did I say hypothetical? I meant The Hills. This is something that happened to L.C. on that show last night and I was actually stomping, fuming and yelling at the TV screen. (Hey, there’s not a lot on this summer. Okay, I actually love The Hills. Although we call it “Heidi” at our house. But this situation had nothing to do with Heidi.)

Okay, so here’s the game:

Imagine that you are a cute, rich 20-year-old girl. Instead of getting your basics out of the way at some community college, you live in L.A and attend the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. Oh, and the best part? You have this awesome internship at Teen Vogue. If you do a good job here you can get a cool job in the fashion industry which is your dream.

So freshman year is coming to a close and your boss (the West Coast editor of Teen Vogue) offers you an internship in Paris for the summer. Paris! We could wrap the globe at least once with the number of people who would trade places with you for that chance.

Let me interject and say that you also have this mumbly-mouth, boring, mean, paranoid, insanely-jealous boyfriend named Jason. I guess he’s cute but you guys have nothing in common and nothing to talk about. You either just sit and stare at each other or you fight. In fact, when you had an assignment to work on a male model casting call, you had to lie to him about it because he would get so freakin’ jealous. He’s an idiot.

So anyway, old mumbly-mouth wants you to stick around this summer.

Is there even a choice here?

Well, I should mention that MM DOES have a Malibu beach house for the summer. And let me just back up and ask how is that possible? I know the two of you are from Laguna Beach and your parents are loaded but come on…I looked it up and this place would be at least $60K for the summer.

So anyway, what would you choose? Summer in Paris working for Teen Vogue which could lead you to your dream job later? OR summer with said lame boyfriend at overpriced beach house?

L.C. made the wrong choice.

And at the end of the show they even tried to trick us by having her pack her bags, put on this total Parisian outfit and have this long, dramatic good-bye to Heidi (I guess she does have something to do with this.) And when they said farewell, Heidi even said “Merci.” Sure, that means “thank-you” but it was tricky just the same.

So which did you choose?
or


Either way you lost. You don't get the beach house OR the summer in Paris. Oh, and you're not a cute, rich 20-year-old girl.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She didn't go! Can I go in her place?
Crazy is the only word to describe her.

Anonymous said...

I know I was so shocked too. I wonder if she will regret that decision later on. I think she also turned it down because she was tired of her boss and she wanted to bum around all summer and not be overworked. I was also wondering how they can afford a house in Malibu on beach.

Anonymous said...

As a 30 year old, I say she's an idiot. When she hits 30, and is tired of working for the fashion section of some Des Moines newspaper, she too will realize what a huge opportunity she passed on.

No offense Des Moines, but you ain't no Paris.

Writinggal said...

I'm still fuming. If she were my daughter I would drag her to the airport and make her go! (Cause I sure wouldn't be paying her rent in that beach house).

Mmmm...maybe it's MTV's fault. Maybe they didn't want her to go to Paris because there aren't hills and they'd have to change the name of the show. Yes, that's it.

Anonymous said...

damn - i was going to watch the re-run today b/c i watch project runway on wednesdays at 9pm... i guess there's no reason to watch now! i can't believe she chose jason! i can't even believe she's going out with him after he was caught mugging out with jessica at the end of last season and she saw the whole thing! there's just no hope for beautiful, wealthy, have-it-all 20-year-olds from my fantasy world of laguna beach.

ReadBecca said...

I still can't believe Rachel chose whiny, paranoid, controlling Ross over her dream job in Paris, and she wasn't even a real person.

Anonymous said...

she should have just had jason come to paris for the summer.

Writinggal said...

A: sorry for the spoiler. You should still watch it for the Heidi storyline.

D: I wonder if LC channeled fictional Rachel when making her decision?

J: Good idea. He's not doing anything else anyway!

Writinggal said...

Speaking of being rich for doing nothing, I'm up to $63.67 on my blog ads! $36.33 to go till the PAR-TAY!