Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Are you a sogger or a cruncher?


There are two kinds of people in this world (besides those who like Neil Diamond and those who don’t):

Those who like their cereal soggy and those who like it crunchy.

If you’re not sure which category you fall into, please review the following descriptions:

Soggers (that’s me):
We pour the cereal and then we fill our bowl to the brim with milk. The cereal floats around in the milk. We then wait until it gets even soggier before we eat it. At the end, we drink the leftover milk right out of the bowl.

Crunchers (that’s Frank):
You pour the cereal and then pour the tiniest bit of milk. You eat your cereal right away so that the bottom part that’s touching the milk doesn’t get soggy. You dump any excess milk in the sink.

These preferences go far beyond cereal though:

Soggers:
Personality points: patient, friendly
Personality probs: Passive, couch potato qualities
Nationality that most represents the soggers: French
Celebrity soggers: Nick Lachey, Jack Black, Britney Spears, Janeane Garofalo, Ben Stein, Joe Isuzu
Pro Neil Diamond? Very much

Crunchers:
Personality points: reliable, efficient
Personality probs: Finicky, impatient
Nationality that most represents the crunchers: Japanese
Celebrity crunchers: J. Lo, Madonna, John Cusack, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jeremy Piven, the guy who played Gunther on Friends
Pro Neil Diamond? No way


Now that you’ve figured out which one you are, here’s the most important question: which one is Neil Diamond? Oddly enough, I think he’s a cruncher, even though he’s loved by the soggers. Now that ought a give you something to ponder at the breakfast table.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally a sogger. But with cereal like Kashi Crunch you have to be, or you could loss a tooth.

Anonymous said...

I would have to say I am both. I like my Frosted Flakes to get soggy, and flavor the milk. However I like my Honey Nut Cheerios crunchy. It just depends on the type of cereal.
But I do love Neil, so I guess I lean toward the sogger!!

Writinggal said...

Yes, even crunchers can't eat Kashi unless it settles a little. I went through a phase (when I lived at the PHP in Austin) where I would pour my Kashi and milk, put it in the fridge and then go take a shower and get ready and THEN eat it. It was like half-hour sogginess!

And K, Don't you think you're being a bit greedy, trying to have it both ways?

BEST soggy cereals: fruity pebbles, cookie crisps, fruit loops...oh, they're all so good! I love to mix 'em up!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Apple Jacks!

ReadBecca said...

My mom pours a tiny bit of milk on the cereal, and then immediately dumps it out in the sink. I keep telling you she's Crazy Linda for a reason.

Writinggal said...

I don't know if I've ever had Apple Jacks. But then again, I didn't eat an apple until 2002.

Mmmm...I love drinking cereal through a straw. I think I'll blend mine up tomorrow.

Crazy Linda and I could never be roommates.

Writinggal said...

Hello? You're talking to the girl who won't eat during commercials; nothing you do with food could be strange to me.

Writinggal said...

On second thought, there are SOME things you could do with food that would be strange to me...

Jessi said...

I can eat cereal crunchy or soggy. That doesn't bother me. What does is having milk left over. I will not finish the milk...at all. I refuse. It's like that last sip of beer. Can't do it.

Writinggal said...

I think if you won't finish the milk you're more of a cruncher...although I, a sogger, do not like the last sip of beer either.

Liz said...

Hm.... I eat the cereal as soon as I pour it (including my Kashi GoLean Crunch). Definitely don't like starting it off soggy... but I'll eat every last bite of all cereals (except of Frosted Mini-Wheats... something a little too grody about those). But the only milks I drink are from Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. And damn those are good. :)

Liz said...

p.s. there are a lot of comments on this blog! awesome.

Writinggal said...

Who would have thought cereal consistency would stir up such chatter?

And yes, with cocoa cereals you get chocolate milk! Now there's something both soggers AND crunchers love.