Search This Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Getting Free Stuff? It's a Breeze

In college Thea and I used to ask for the “pretty girl discount.” Can you believe we said that? And what’s more unbelievable? We usually got it.

I haven’t tried it lately but yesterday I got something better than a discount, I got something for free!

I was at the liquor store around 2pm like I am every day. (That was a joke but not sure it comes across that way in the written form. Do I need to add “just joking” to the end? Probably.) Just joking.

But I really was at the liquor store yesterday. That part is true. I needed rum because I was having the “Granbury Girls” (neighborhood ladies) over at my house for some drinks and…oh, no…I can’t spell that word that’s French and starts with a silent h and it means little food…appetizers.

I needed rum so I was scanning the rum section when the Bacardi rep asked if I needed help. I said I was curious to try the Bacardi Island Breeze rum (which I’ve seen Kim Cattrall pushing) because it’s half the calories. He chatted with me about the difference between it and regular Bacardi and what I should mix it with etc. I ended up opting for the Bacardi Island Breeze lime flavor and then the Bacardi dude said, “I tell you what. If you buy the lime flavor I’ll buy you the wild berry flavor too.”

What? I was already going to buy the lime flavor. He didn’t have to do that! But it was a smart move. Because now I’m totally a loyal Bacardi girl and I’m plugging them on my blog which reaches thousands (hundreds? okay, dozens) of people a day!

So I went up to the register with the Bacardi dude and they swiped my credit card for the lime and his credit card for the berry. Two bottles of rum for the price of one! The guy at the register said, “Ya know he wouldn’t have done this if you were a hairy old man.” And I said, “That’s right! The pretty girl discount is back, baby!”

Look at my fun drink! And it's half the calories and half the alcohol of regular Bacardi. That means you can drink twice as many! And if we run out of rum, that's okay. I've got another bottle!
That's me visiting the holy land in 2003

4 comments:

Writinggal said...

But you're too cheap to be upset!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome, I need to start fluttering my eyelashes at Spec's more often!

Jessi said...

Ladies? Are they older than you?

Writinggal said...

Yes, I'm the youngest one! I live in the suburbs!