Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

And the Winner Is...

First, I have some good news and some bad news:

Bad News:
I did not get 100 emails.

Good News:
I did not get 100 emails.

Why did I think I wanted to receive and sort through 100 emails? Frank said I should have made it 20. Hello? It wasn’t the TWENTIETH blog now was it? That’s something you should have mentioned back in September!

So I took all the emails I did receive (still a pretty good amount) and put your names and favorite blogs into an Excel spreadsheet. So if you voted three times you were in there three times.

I drew the names out of a hat that Frank got for free at the White Rock marathon. Hee hee. I always almost write “marathong” when I write that word. It’s so weird. It’s not like I write the word “thong” that much. Or ever.

Anyway, the winner is…drum roll…Alicia Clayton of Fort Worth, Texas!!!




The funny thing is she WAS the last person to email me and she thought she was too late! But she did make it into the drawing with only one vote.

Her choice? Food for Gross Thought

Here is what she says: “It just reminded me of the good old days when we watched Lifetime movies on our lunch breaks and you freaked b/c we passed by Jenny Jones!” That is true. Also, Alicia makes a damn good peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She doesn’t skimp on the PB or the J.

Also, I just thought you should know her husband Doug (who ironically was the FIRST person to vote yesterday) and her daughter Avery (who’s too young to vote both on Writinggal and in political elections) sometimes dress alike…




As far as your favorite blog, there was a four-way tie:

Go, Grannies, Go


Oh, the Places Frank’s Feet Will Go



What Happens in Cabo Stays in Cabo


Tips from Thea


So while Frank always assures me that he is the favorite “character” in the blog, it looks like people are more pleased when Thea makes an appearance. Although Frank's feet have quite a following. I will keep this research in mind for future blogs.

Thanks to everyone who voted and for reading these past 102 blogs! And as Big Daddy Doug Clayton says, “Here’s Looking Forward to the 1,000th!” But then again, this is coming from a guy who dresses like a two-year-old.

6 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh man! None of my favs made the top. Go Grannies Go was up there for me... probably a close 4th.

I suck!

Writinggal said...

No, you just have unique taste! And Alicia, I will be mailing you your prize!

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored! (even if Jessi's not a big fan)

Writinggal said...

Jessi likes your tips, Thea. She just thinks we should call it "Ghettivo" instead of "Ti-faux."

Jessi said...

Yes, yes I do enjoy Thea's tips. But I had something in common with Halfway Husbands.

And if you know your system is ghetto, why not embrace it and call it like you see it? But that could just be my ghetto side coming out.

Writinggal said...

I usually just come completely clean and call it DVR. But it makes for a lame verb: "I gotta DVR Veronica Mars" which, by the way, I did tonight and it was the ONE episode I had already seen. Always. Happens.