Search This Blog

Thursday, September 01, 2005

A picture's worth about 300 words

I figured out how to post pictures to my blog and as you can see, I'm really excited about it. I thought that every now and then (or as long as I'm still hyped about it), I could post a picture and tell you the story behind it.

So please take a look at the picture below. No, it's not a picture of me trying to use my professional dancing skills to help out at a camp for special needs children. This is just me (an amateur dancer, believe it or not) and my friend, Liz (who has no special needs--well, none that could get her into camp).

When Liz and I worked together we interviewed a girl for a position at our ad agency. The girl diligently sent an email thank-you note to us the following day. Not only did she send the exact same note to both of us and our HR person (duh, like we're not going to show them to each other), she wrote a description of her work ethic that is now legendary:

In my previous experience I've had to juggle many balls while hopping on one foot. And I've learned to sweat with a smile while juggling those balls.

Little did she know that she launched the dance of the year. And it's not an easy thing to do. You have to hop on one foot (and spin around for good measure), juggle balls in the air, wipe the sweat off your body and on top of all that--SMILE! Go ahead, try it at home or in your place of business. And once you get it down, you'll want to do it at all the clubs too. This thing is gonna be bigger than the Macarana!

We're calling it "The Working Girl." I can't promise that it will get you the job you want or even a promotion. But if you do it in public, it will get you noticed...and possibly a free ticket to camp.




Don't forget to sweat under your armpits too! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsa: You forgot to thank the photographer. I mean this may be the only time I get my name in print,other than the whole Watermelon Thump Princess thing. Also this ad is showing up;

Umbilical Cord Blood

???????????

Mandy

Anonymous said...

How exciting that you can put photos on your blog! Can we just send you photos and you make up stories about them?
Oh, and I am pretty sure I saw people doing the "Working Girl" at the clubs in NYC!

Writinggal said...

Watermelon Thump Princess: Yes, thank you for your photographic efforts. And you should totally click on the umbilical cord blood link. Maybe it's a Halloween promotion?

Kristin: At this time Writinggal Blog is not accepting unsolicited photos. Unless they are of Matthew Fox (formerly of TV's Party of Five now the hunk on Lost).

Anonymous said...

Ok what happened to the baby eating her first Krispy Kreme doughnut?? I saw it! Don't be embarrassed, post it again.

Writinggal said...

J: I was just playing around with the photo posting. And it was taken on the same day as the working girl dance. It goes back to my pet peeve about people displaying pictures from the same event too close together. This means as hard as it is, I can only have one wedding photo per room. So same goes for my blog.