Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Disasters with Elsa

"Gotta be somewhere in 20 minutes? Takes 15 minutes to drive there? Sure, I can take a shower, do my hair and get the kids dressed and ready to go. If I hurry, I may even have time for a snack."

And that's the latest episode of "Disasters with Elsa." Frank made it up and he likes to say it in that deep, voiceover way: "Welcome to Disasters with Elsa." (Hopefully you got the voice from just reading it. Not sure of a good font treatment to describe that.)

Here are some more episodes to stay tuned for this season:

"I don't need directions. I know where it is in my head."

"Gus is sleeping soundly in the car seat. But he looks cold. I'll put a hat on him. He won't wake up."

"I'll go to Target, put gas in the car, make a Sam's run, work out, eat lunch, take care of Gus, do some writing, tackle the laundry and vacuum the house...all in the time that Leo's at preschool." (Time management is a common theme.)

"I don't need to bring an extra diaper."

"I don't need to bring a spare outfit for Leo. He NEVER has accidents anymore." (Lack of preparedness is also a common theme.)

"I can totally walk 60 miles for 3 Days. No problem that I will have a four month old baby and that I need to raise over $2,000." (Okay, that one turned out good but felt like a disaster waiting to happen!)

Join us next time for...Disasters with Elsa (You did the deep voice, right?)






2 comments:

Liz said...

HAHAHA. You are not alone.

Granny Jo said...

Oh, but your "disasters" are so much fun!