Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

3 Days of Walking and Talking

Most of you know (because I begged you for money for months!) that I recently did the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure event. Three of my college buddies came to Atlanta and we walked and camped (okay, in a convention center but there were tents and the floor was hard!) and raised lots of money.

I couldn't believe that on Monday I wasn't sore at all. Well, my legs weren't sore. My throat was sore because I talked and talked and talked. When you're walking 60 miles with people you haven't seen in almost three years, there's a lot of catching up to do. I sure hope I listened a little too!

Leading up to this 3 Day walk I kept thinking, "What did I get myself into?" But it totally exceeded my expectations. It was such a well-organized, fun, moving event that I am really glad I got myself into it...and that my friends did too.

Here's a video of our journey. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Liz said...

I love this video!!! Totally makes me tear up with the shoes at the end. When my friend did it in Dallas, they had to sleep in tents outside with huge port-a-potties and port-a-showers!!! Though, let's be honest, they ended up staying at my mom's house and having fajita dinners. Not quite roughing it at the end of the day. Ha. :)

GO YOU!

John & Courtney Loyd said...

Go Team Telly!!

Writinggal said...

Thanks, She! We DID use the port-a-showers and they had excellent water pressure!