Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

From Dumb and Dumber to Debonair


Yesterday I got so fed up with Leo's long locks that I cut them myself. As soon as I finished I had flashbacks to Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber. See above. Now, the pictures do not do this disaster justice. You'll have to take my word for it--it was bad:





I don't know which was worse--the fact that his bangs were uneven or the fact that he had bangs at all.
So we went to the pros at "Snip-Its" (same place he had his first haircut). I said, "We had an accident!" Ms. Stacey said, "You're not the first mom to do this." She then gave Leo a "flip-it" do with a spikey look on top. She even gave me some hair gel so I could do it at home. So here he is today with his new look (courtesy of me--not as good as Ms. Stacey's):

Now if I have any trouble doing the flip on top (or if I run out of hair gel), this do can also work as the "regular" which is what he usually sports (top part over to the side). And of course every almost-two-year-old needs at least two looks!














2 comments:

Grandmother said...

Leo,

I should have warned you but fortunately Ms. Stacey saved you.
Do not allow mommy or Tia close to your hair with a pair of scissors.

Rah-Rah

Kristin said...

Or Rah-Rah, she doesn't have a good history with the scissors either.

Very short bangs (Tia) or cutting off her own braid!