Search This Blog

Monday, October 05, 2009

It’s better than Cyndi Lauper

Thank goodness for The Office. Not only do I enjoy watching the TV show that features quirky Dwight, ridiculous Michael and monotone Toby, it's helped to shift attention away from my past lookalike to my new one:



Whaddya think? Angela from The Office, my long lost twin?



Sure, I’d prefer Reese or Kate or some other blonde mega star but I ain’t complaining. Because, trust me, I’ve heard worse. ("Girls just wanna have fun" is ringing in my ears.)

I get it ALL THE TIME now!

I get it so much that when people start to tell me, they say, “You probably hear this a lot but…”

The first time someone said it, I hadn’t heard it a lot because, well, it was the first time. It was two years ago when I had first moved to Atlanta. I didn’t like it because I was focusing too much on her character. I thought, “I’m way more fun than her!”

But now I’m okay with it. The most recent time I heard it was when I was at a restaurant a couple of weeks ago. I said to the guys at the table next to ours, “Don’t you think our waitress looks like Megan Fox?” They said, “I don’t know but you look just like the girl from The Office! I bet if I took a picture with you and sent it to my friends, they would think you were her!”

Then they told me not to tell the waitress that she looked like Megan Fox because it would totally go to her head. Too late. And it did go to her head.

So what are they saying? That telling someone they look like Angela from The Office wouldn’t go to her head? Well it's gone to mine. And I'm running with it. In fact, I think Angela, Cyndi and I are all gonna get together and mess with people's heads. Girls just wanna have fun, ya know.












4 comments:

Kristin said...

Does that mean you have to trade in Frank for Dwight? :-)

Writinggal said...

Or maybe banjo-playing Andy.

Writinggal said...

I just showed Leo the picture of Angela and he said, "Mama! Mama!"

Kristin said...

Too funny! well as long as he doesn't look at Dwight and say "Da Da"! :-)