Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

The Faces of Wall Street

Photographers at newspapers, internet news sites and magazines all over the country must be so bored. Every day since this Wall Street disaster started their photo editors have been saying, “Can you get us another image of a white man putting his hand to his face, looking forlorn?” The photographers oblige and try to find the most pathetic looking white guy they can.

But now the media outlets have decided to get a little more creative with it. The photo editors must now be saying, “We need diversity! But make sure, whoever it is, they have at least one hand on their face!”
Yesterday in the Atlanta paper our sad Wall Street cover guy had a pony tail!
And then I saw this collage of Wall Street guys on the internet--some not even white, some not even guys!
This guy knew he needed a gimmick if he was gonna make the cover:
When a photo editor saw this Wall Street chick he said, "She looks kinda concerned but not comopletely devastated."
The photographer said, "Wait! I've got another one! She looks like she might overdose."


These two are competing for a magazine cover:


He says, "If I can get my whole hand over my face, I might make the WSJ."

"I know I should look more upset but I'm not really even a trader. I actually just work at Burger King and our stock is doing fine."

"Dude, we gotta stay next to the NYSE sign. We've got a way better chance. Now put your hand on your face! "

"Turn around? No way! I've got a receding hair line from all this Wall Street stress."

"I'm going for REAL tears. Think of poor Miss Kitty and how she fell out of that tree."

"I've got a ticker behind me. I am SO in!"

"What Wall Street crisis? I'm just trying to take a nap."

"This look made that Home Alone kid millions."

2 comments:

Liz said...

This would be pretty damn funny if it didn't hit so close to home today! I think I've been making one of those faces all morning. And I even had my hand on my face while I was reading it! Didn't even realize it until the end. :)

Kristin said...

Too funny! I was just telling my co-worker I thought it was strange that all the Stock Exchange people around the world had a hand on their faces!!
I am impressed with the diversity they are showing now